XXV.

"Wait up!"

Mya peered over her shoulder to see Ahsoka trying to catch up with them. And when she peered over at Anakin, she could see the very annoyed look on his face. He had always voiced that he did not want to have a padawan learner.

And Mya had to agree for more reasons than one, that Anakin should not have one. Especially when they were trapped in this war landscape. There was no time for Anakin to even teach Ahsoka.

"Master Obi-Wan said to come with you," Ahsoka smiled up at Anakin when she fell into step with them.

"Of course he did," Anakin rolled his eyes as they approached the watch tower. "What's the status, Rex?"

"Quiet, for now, sir," Rex told him. "They're gearing up for another assault. Who's the youngling?"

"I'm master Skywalker's Padawan," She told Rex. "The name's Ahsoka Tano."

Rex even had a funny look at this. "Sir, I thought you said you'd never had a Padawan."

"There's been a mix-up," Anakin groaned. "The youngling isn't with me."

"Stop calling me that!" Ahsoka had a very fiery teenage spirit to her, Mya would give her that. "You're stuck with me, Skyguy."

Rex and Mya started to burst out into a fit of laughter.

"What did you just call me?" Anakin slowly turned to look down at her. "Don't get snippy with me, little one. You know, I don't even think you're old enough to be a Padawan."

"Well, maybe I'm not, but Master Yoda thinks I am," Ahsoka grinned.

"Well, you're not with Master Yoda now," Anakin reminded her. "So, if you're ready, you better start proving it. Captain Rex will show you how a little respect can go a long way."

"Uh, right," Rex nodded his head. "You can join Mya's training. Come on, youngling."

"Padawan," Ahsoka corrected him.

Mya smiled as Ahsoka followed after them. "You know, he's just a jerk when we get stuck in situations like this."

"I've noticed," Ahsoka said. "So, if you're not a Jedi, can I ask why you're here?"

"Well," Mya puffed out some air. "My best friend, Lea, she's a Padawan learner under Obi-Wan. And since I'm reckless enough to just run blindly into battles with her, Yoda decided I needed to be trained in some sort of way. So I don't, you know, accidentally shoot someone again."

"And that shot still hurts," Rex pointed his finger at Mya.

"I've been telling you I was sorry for the past six months!" Mya's voice squeaked a bit causing Ahsoka to laugh. "And now Rex here is in charge of making sure I am battlefield ready."

"Yes, and every day I regret it," Rex gave a fake sigh.

"Have you thought about moving that line back, Captain?" Ahsoka had been wondering. "They'd have better cover that way."