chapter twenty-five; pretty

i don't care,
    im in love.

(mari)

When it finally clicked, it's why I would always think of Felix, why I had butterflies in my stomach, and why i'm sitting in this uncomfortable hospital couch.

I didn't want to say anything now, especially since Felix was sad, and stressed.

(21:02)

(mari)

We've been waiting for Mr. Agreste to wake up, but it probably won't be for another few hours.

"Felix, maybe we could stay at the bakery and come early in the morning." I say, the bakery is a ten minute drive, my apartment is a 27 minute drive.

"Are you sure your parents would be okay with it?" he asks, yawning.

"Yes, they seem to like you. I'll sleep on my chaise." I say, smiling.

"It's your room, I will." he says.

"No, I insist." I say, getting up and stretching.

"Are you sure?" he says, looking at me, with a sad expression. He looked exhausted, I needed to get him a comfortable 9 hours of sleep.

"1000% sure, let's go." I say, holding my hand out. He takes my hand, my stomach has the butterflies again.

I need to push these emotions away for now, I just want Felix to feel better.

We walk out silently, and walk towards the elevator, I wave at the nurses.

On the way to the bakery, I look over to Felix. He looks at me, his eyes were barely open.

When we pulled in, my mother greeted us at the door. "Hey maman, thank you for letting us stay here tonight." I say, giving her a hug.

She looks at Felix, she gives him a sympathetic look. "I'm so sorry about your father," she says, he looks down and frowns.

"It's alright," he says, my mother gives him a hug. He looked like he was going to cry. She lets him go, "Come inside you two." she says, opening the bakery door.

When we walk in, I smell something cooking. "I thought you two would be hungry, I made some pasta." she says as we walk up the blue stairs.

When we walk in, the smell was so amazing. "Smells great maman!" I exclaim. I look over to Felix, his eyes lit up.

We sit down while my mom makes us plates, she sets them down. "I'm going to head up to sleep, goodnight you two." my mom says, walking towards her room.

We both dig in, as soon as I put a noodle in my mouth, the flavors melted in my mouth. My tastebuds were blessed from the food gods. I tasted the homemade tomato sauce, and the hints of garlic.

"This is so tasty!" I exclaim, Felix nods.

When we finished eating, I notice Felix's silence, we both walk up to my room, "Felix, are you okay?" I ask.

He just hugs me. I pat his back, trying to comfort him. "I was scared." he says, putting his head in my shoulder.

"I know." I said, after that, we just stood there in silence. Hugging.

While we hugged, my stomach was erupting with butterflies over and over, my face was red.

When he let go, his face was red as well. I felt so bad, my heart felt like it was being ripped apart, like it was slowly breaking for him.