chapter fourteen; hand in hand

we should open up,
      before it's all too much.

(mari's pov)
    (felix's penthouse)
           -8:21 am-

I sit at Felix's dining table, holding a white coffee cup. He's so plain. I take a sip, I love coffee.

"What kind of coffee is this?" I say, taking another huge gulp, almost emptying my whole cup.

"Coffee beans imported from Peru," he says, pouring me more in my cup, I smile.

"Why are you smiling?" he says, looking confused.

"The roles are reversed," I say, starting to laugh. His eyebrows raised in confusion. "I mean, look at it, you're pouring ME coffee!" I say, trying to stop laughing.

He just looks at me, and he turns away. Rude, did he not think I was funny. Who cares.. I thought it was funny.

"I should probably get home soon, I'll take a uber home." I say, I get up and leave the coffee cup there. I headed towards the door, when I suddenly realized, I forgot I was wearing FELIX'S CLOTHES?!

"Felix, do you have my dress?" I say, turning around quickly.

"Dry cleaners." he says, looking down at his watch, "It'll be ready tomorrow." he says, looking at me.

"Tomorrow? What am I supposed to go home in?" I say, panicking.

"Those clothes." He says, pointing at the clothes on my body. "What? You expect me to go home looking like this?" I exclaim, looking down. I look huge in these clothes, they don't fit my figure. At all.

"Yes." he says, grabbing his keys, "Let's go." he says, opening the door to go to the elevator.

"I said I would take an elevator." I say, crossing my arms, a wave of relief flew throughout me, since I was finally able to be myself again without those stupid crutches interfering with my arm-crossing.

"Paparazzi are probably standing outside, waiting for a single drama. Let's go." he says, as we both walk.

He was right, we walked out, blinded by flash. Great for my hangover!

Felix grasps my hand, my eyes widen, were both wearing sweats, we look like an actual couple.

I fake a smile at him, his face looks as shocked as I feel. He quickly uses that modeling face he has, and we walk to his car together, hand in hand. We are the only two who know about this fake relationship. Everyone else is so blinded by his beauty they don't notice how sad he looks when he's with me, I feel like a burden around him.

It's all my fault we got into this situation.

When we make it to his car, he opens the door for me, and closes it for me. He walks over to his side, paparazzi swarming the car as we're about to leave.

(felix pov)

   (outside of the apartment complex)

We walk out of my apartment, Marinette quickly getting blinded by the flash of lights.

I'm used to all of this attention.

As we're walking, I see a woman, standing there crossing her arms.

She looks familiar, red hair, thick bangs, green eyes. She looks at us, she was attempting to blend in with the paparazzi, but she stuck out.

I suddenly grab Marinette's hand, a look of shock quickly goes on her face, she suddenly realizes and fakes a smile at me. Everyone was cheering and taking pictures quicker and quicker.

My face is still shocked, i'm surprised she went along with my plan so suddenly. I open her car door, trying to be the gentleman Nathalie taught me to be.

I drive off as soon as I sit in the drivers seat, trying to get her away from the paparazzi.

(third person pov)

   (mari's apartment)

As they sit in the car, they see paparazzi all hopping out of their cars. Marinette sighs and hits her head on the seat. Her poor eyes have been through enough this week.

Suddenly, Felix hands her a pair of sunglasses. "Thank you Felix!" she quickly throws them on her face and smiles. He nods and jumps out of the car, opening the door for her.

He holds his hand out, and she gratefully takes it, his face turns a light shade of pink.

They walk hand-in-hand into her apartment complex. "Thanks for driving me, Felix." she says, handing him the sunglasses. "No problem, it's only a 2 minute drive anyway, also, keep the glasses. They suit you well." he says, walking away.

Marinette's eyes widened, he thought she looked good in his sunglasses? She slides them up to her head, smiling slightly.

— 10:43 am —

Marientte sits on her couch, working on an order from her mom. Her mom needed a nice dress for a wedding she's going to.

She turns on the news, hoping to get some info on Paris for the week.

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news," the lady starts, Marinette looks up, looks like Nadja got her segment today. "We have some news about Felix Agreste and his girlfriend, who is now confirmed to be Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Marinette's eyes widened, WHY AM I ON THE NEWS? She screams out-loud at her TV. "This morning, we saw the two lovers holding hands outside of Felix Agreste's home, in their pajamas." she continues.

"Could they be getting serious?" she says, "That's all we have concerning the couple for now! Stay tuned!" she says, Marinette now fuming. She drops her notebook and turns off the TV.

"GAH! WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME EVERYDAY?" She says, looking over at the sunglasses that are laying on her dining table.

She picks up her notebook and storms off to her office. She starts angrily sketching her moms ideal dress.

a/n

usually my chapters are longer but i am so tired i'm sorry :(

tommorow is friday so maybe i'll write two chapters !! depends! i'm really busy this weekend so i'll try to release ! muah 💋