chapter eight; media and issues.

i'm not a piece of cake
for you to just discard.

~~

wednesday

(marinettes pov)

I sit at my desk, I look around the office, it was quiet today. I check the social media's account for the G. Agreste company, making sure everything was on track. "Marinette. We need to discuss something. Right now." Felix suddenly appears in front of my desk.

Uh-oh.. Was I in trouble? Surely not, I haven't done anything! I look up from my computer, making eye contact as he was staring at me.

He held up a news article, with the title, "Felix Agreste's, Paris's hottest bachelor, Possible Girlfriend?!", I gasp, the picture was of Felix holding me in the parking lot. Damn you paparazzi! I say in my head. "What?! How??! WHY?!" I exclaim, holding my hand over my mouth.

He holds his hand to his face, rubbing his temples. "Well? What do we do now?" I say, my hands start to get clammy and my heart starts beating rapidly. "Marinette, I think we need to discuss these matters with my father." he says to me, "WHAT?!" I yell, suddenly, I feel all my co-workers eyes on Felix and I.

"Well, why not just hang up the article and yell to everyone about it?" Felix says, I really need to stop being so sarcastic around him. "Okay, so.." I say, putting my hands in my lap. "Grab your crutches and let's head up to my fathers office." he says, taking a large sip of his coffee.

We make our way to the elevator, well, he walks really fast. I feel at a disadvantage due to these horrible crutches.

~~
(Gabriel Agreste's Office)

"Father," Felix starts, "Marinette and I would like to discuss a serious matter with you." he says, I look up at him. Felix looks nervous, he adjusts his tie and gulps.

"Okay Felix, what would you and Ms. Dupain-Cheng like to discuss?" he asks, looking up from his computer.

"Well father, the other day Marinette had a serious injury outside," he says, looking at my ankle. "I found her and carried her to my car, and I have come to the conclusion, my fans think we're in a committed relationship." he says, holding up the article to show his father.

"Well, that is a huge misunderstanding from the people of Paris, but what else can you do Felix? It would be a huge fault from the Agreste's name if you deny you too are dating." he says, putting his hands together.

Both of us have a shocked expression on our face, what do we do? "So what you're saying father, is we date?" Felix's eyes look at me, then back to his father's.

"Well, not exactly Felix, just for a few weeks, or a month, just pretend!" he says, acting like he didn't just say something completely out of proportion. Fake date? Me and FELIX?

Our eyes meet, he has a weird look on his face, like he's uncomfortable but also unbothered. "What do you say Ms. Dupain-Cheng." Mr. Agreste says to me. "Well, I wouldn't want the Agreste name to be ruined would I?" I say, with a fake smile. My heart is pounding and my hands are starting to sweat again.

"So it's decided! You two will date until the media dies down." Mr. Agreste says, "You two are excused." he says, focusing back onto his computer.

Felix and I head out, it's near lunch. "Hey.. Felix." I smile at him. "Yes?" he questions as we head to the elevator from his fathers office.

"Wanna grab some lunch?" I say, with a grin.

"I'm busy." he claims, pressing the down button. "Hmm, are you sure? Your next work meeting isn't until 14:25." I say, with a big smile on my face. Ha! In his face!

*ding*

We step into the elevator, "Why are you insisting we eat lunch together? I don't want to fake date you, why would I want to eat lunch with you?" he says, crossing his arms.

"What? Felix I don't want to be on bad terms with you! Why can't we just be friends?" I say, wanting to cross my arms too, but my crutches definitely won't let that happen. "Marinette, I think it's impossible, I mean, a friendship between us?" he says, looking down on me.

"Why? Felix we would be such good friends!" I say, lying through my teeth.

"Would we? I mean, come on Marinette, face reality. We argue, we don't ever agree on anything." he says, with a nasty tone in his voice.

Why is he always so negative? I roll my eyes to that. "Felix, we barely know each other, we disagree on work stuff. I mean you said you liked classical music right? What's your favorite classical piece?" I ask him.

"The Swan, by Camille Saint-Saens." he states, with a curious look in his eyes.

"That's a pretty piece, my mother used to have popular classical music songs playing in the bakery. I've grown to be a lover of classical pieces." I say, with a smile. "See Felix, we do have things in common, personally though, my favorite piece is Experience by Ludovico Einaudi." I say.

*ding*

We arrive back to our floor, "Are you sure you don't want to grab lunch with me?" I ask, "Okay fine, you've convinced me. Don't make me regret this though." he says, quickly hopping back into the elevator and clicking floor two.

~~