chapter nineteen; one bed.

and i can't sleep
cause thoughts devour.

—10:00am—
(wednesday)
(paris airport)
(mari's pov)
~~

Felix and I walk to gate 54, waiting for our flight.

Last night was a huge rush, since Mr. Agreste sprung a surprise trip to America. LA!

I had to rush pack, picking my most formal, and expensive clothes, in hopes to impress the partners in America.

I've already been to a big city, the big apple per say. L.A sounds so exciting! Mr. Agreste paid for first class, fancy!

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS, IF YOU'RE RIDING FIRST CLASS, PLEASE HEAD ON BOARD.

Felix and I walk on board, the flight attendant leading us to our seats, Felix sits near the window. The seats were luxurious! Footrest by the airplane wall, with a small TV.

I smile, looking at the extravagant seats, usually I fly economy! This is like air-flight HEAVEN!

"Isn't this lovely, Felix?" I say, sitting down, throwing a blanket from my carry-on over me.

"Delightful." he says, sitting down, crossing his ankles together.

I sit down, opening a book. Felix does the same. He eyes my book with a distasteful face and goes back to his own.

I hate him.

This flight was 11 hours, I roll my eyes at the thought, I'm gonna feel so gross.

I look over at Felix, he's truly focused. I grin, and decide something important. I poke him in the shoulder, "Sooo whatcha reading?" I say, giggling.

"Pride and prejudice." he says with a monotone face.

"Hm, interesting." he says, focusing his eyes back on Pride and Prejudice.

"Indeed." I say, focusing my eyes back onto my book.

(16:08 pm)

I am nearly done with my book, a wave of sadness goes through me. This book is so sad, how could ANYONE label this as a romance?

When I finally finish it, i'm crying. Tears run down my face like a waterfall.

(16:17)
(felix pov)

I look over, hearing sniffles. Marinette is crying?

"Marinette? Are you alright?" I say, closing my book swiftly.

"No!" she says, shoving her book in my face. Again.

My heart clenches. "What's wrong?" I say with a sigh, I grab a tissue from the side compartment and hand it to her. "Here."

She keeps pointing to her book, "The.. book.." she says, wiping her eyes.

"Marinette, do not tell me you're having a mental breakdown over a book." I say, looking at the book, that she is currently sobbing over.

"I AM!" she says, raising her voice.

Passengers look over, with judging looks on their faces.

"Shh, don't embarrass us." I say, putting my finger to her lips.

She stopped crying, eventually. She actually fell asleep, guess the mental breakdown knocked her out.

I continue reading my book, Jane Austen was a brilliant soul.

(20:00)
(third person pov)

Marinette and Felix sit, watching a movie. Marinette convinced Felix to watch the movie, Pride and Prejudice, since he thought the book was so spectacular. She sits, watching it on her TV, he sits, leaning on the side of his airplane seat. They should be arriving to L.A soon.

They started the movie 30 minutes ago, after 25 minutes of Mari begging. Felix agreed, only because he was developing a headache from her constant whining.

The sunset, the view from the sky was breathtaking. Marinette took many, many pictures, her body practically was half-way over Felix's trying to get the perfect angle, his face was beet-red having Marinette lean all over him. He doesn't know why.

(21:40)
(mari's pov)

When we landed, I was so tired. I just wanted to sleep, we headed to the hotel. Mr. Agreste ordered us to have a personal driver for the 3 days we will be in L.A.

When we got into the hotel, apparently we only had one room? We walked into our hotel room, it was HUGE. I saw the big windows, the balcony. The flatscreen TV and the huge couch, the bathroom had two sinks, the only thing that was wrong was the fact the hotel room had ONE big problem.

There was only ONE bed.

I cross my arms, "Why would your father DO THIS?" I say, groaning.

"Maybe he didn't know," Felix says, sighing. "I can take the couch." he says.

"No, you don't have to," I say, "I will, besides, couches are nice." I say, lying to his face.

"No, it's a huge bed. Just stay on your side, and i'll stay on mine." he says.

"Well, it is nearly 23:00. So, i'm going to shower and get ready for bed." I say, walking towards the bathroom.

"Okay." he says, sitting down on the couch, taking his tie off.

I head to the shower, as soon as the bathroom door closes, I start panicking. I quickly turn on the shower and wait for the warm water.

I have to share a bed with FELIX? MY BOSS? FELIX AGRESTE?

Why do I always get put in the situations? With my BOSS?

I jump in the shower, about to cry. This is a lot of stress, L.A is great, but sharing a bed with Felix is not.

I scrub the shampoo in my hair, trying to relax. The hot water hitting my back, but i'm still tense.

When I get my hair dry, I walk in the hotel room. The bed was huge, but my ego wasn't.

I yawn, moving the blanket, laying down. I lay close to the edge.

I feel a dip in the other side of the bed. "Goodnight Marinette." he says, turning off the lamp.

"Night, Felix." I squeak. Nerves were hitting me hard, I've never shared a bed with a guy, let alone my BOSS.

(8:00 am)
( mari )

I wake up, the sun hitting my eyes.

How lovely.

I look over, seeing the spot next to me gone, I look around. "Felix?" I say, confused.

I grab my phone from the table next to me.

Felix (rude boss lolol)

"Went downstairs, meet down here when you're awake."

me:

im up, getting ready then im otw.

read

Why is he always leaving me on read? God.

I grab a black skirt from my luggage, with a black blouse. My midnight blue hair always looks good with black.

I put quick curls in my hair, giving my hair a natural looking wave. I draw a mini-wing of eyeliner, and some mascara. I smile at how I look.

I blow myself a kiss in the mirror for a touch of confidence. I have some black heels, I started training myself to wear heals again.

I grab my bag and run out the door, it's now 8:12 am.