chapter fifteen; breakfast with father.

evil
we've come to tell you that
she's evil, most definitely.

(sunday morning)
  (marinette's apartment)
        (third person pov)

          — 6:32 am —

Marinette has the dress eighty-five percent done, she just needed to add the lace on the side and her signature pink flower on the bottom.

She smiles to herself, designing was a relaxing thing for Marinette, her mom was going to pick it up tomorrow, so she had more than enough time to finish this beautiful dress. She looked at the dress, and smiled. The pink would suit her mother so well.

Marinette woke up at five am, which is the usual time she wakes up for work. She made some coffee and started working on her mom's dress.

While she sits on the couch for a break, she starts cringing at what happened Friday night, ew. Why was she thinking about Felix all of the time? Can't he just leave me alone? She thought while taking a sip of coffee.

(mari's pov)

—7:03 am—

I walk around my house, observing the messiness. How was Felix's apartment spotless? Surely he has housekeepers.. right?

I pick up the pizza boxes from my counter, and put them in a trash bag, I start cleaning my apartment like a maniac. I run around, throwing random clutter away. Maybe it was something to do with Felix? He even had a bigger book collection than ME. I was voted biggest bookworm in fourth grade.

Every time I'm around Felix he outmarinettes me, I am literally AM Marinette!

I pace around my small entryway, looking around, it's not fair!

I walk into my room, I personally didn't see Felix's room, but i'm guessing it was neat. I run around, scooping clumps of clothes, using my arms as a laundry hamper. I put everything in my laundry basket and sigh. What am I doing?

I look at my bookshelf, everything is so unorganized.

I hit my head with my hand, time to get cleaning.

(felix pov)

—8:09 am—

I sit on my couch, with my laptop. I do some work, since I don't go to the office on the weekends. Father told me to keep my weekend schedules open incase something came up.

Typing up my report, my phone starts ringing. I close my laptop and go find it.

When I find it lying on my countertop, I pick it up. "Gabriel Agreste". I sigh.

"Hello father." I say, trying to sound as professional as possible,

"Hello Felix, I need you to come home, to have a little talk." my father's voice says, sounding amused, but also a little aggravated.

"Okay, when shall we meet?" I ask, trying to sound serious, without a tone. In all honesty, I wanted to stay home.

"9:45 am, don't be late." he says, immediately hanging up the phone.

I sigh, walking to my room to grab a suitable outfit, that'll meet my fathers expectations.

(agreste mansion)

—9:45 am—

(agreste living room)

"Hello father." I say, walking in, right on time.

"Hello, Felix. Please take a seat." he says, looking at one of the black leather arm chairs.

I walk over to the chair, I observe the new look of the place since I had left. The fireplace has been redone to gas, the bookshelves expanded. Pictures of my mother have been moved to the shelves. The new couches, the warm-toned lights fill the room. With all these expensive decorations, such like my house, the place felt gloomy, and empty.

"You wanted to speak father?" I ask, sitting up straight.

"Good job son, for not letting me down." he starts off, "You and Ms. Dupain-Cheng are pulling off this little act well, but I do hope your feelings aren't getting in the way of your job?" he questions, looking at me with a unusual look in his eyes.

"Of course not, as I do not have any romantic interest in Marinette." I say, my heart beats oddly. Why is my heart acting strangely?

I hear heels clicking, "Hello Mr. Felix Agreste, and Mr. Agreste." a oddly high voice says, I look up to see the same woman I saw outside of my apartment building. Why is she here? More important question, who is this odd woman?

"Hello, Ms. Rossi!" my father says in a joyous voice, he gets up to greet this woman, who I do not know, nor do I want to even be near her.

"Please, call me Lila." she says, smiling. "Oh hello, Mr. Felix Agreste!" she says coming over towards me. I sigh.

"Hello, I don't believe we have met before." I say, standing up after my father.

"Well, I do work on your floor, but no, we haven't been properly introduced!" she says, I look at her outfit. She seems to have a distaste for fashion, how did she get hired at my fathers company?

"No, we haven't." I say, "I'm Felix Agreste, but you already knew that." I scoff at her.

My father looks at me, like i've insulted him. Meanwhile, Lila walks up to me, looking up at me. "So, you're dating your secretary?" she says, looking at me, trying to make me look like a fool in front of my father.

"Yes, I am. Marinette and I are official now." I lie to her, my father smiling in approval. It's strange, my father has never smiled twice in one day before.

"Lila, I was wondering why you looked so familiar, but I realized, weren't you at my apartment complex? I could've sworn I saw you with the paparazzi." I say, looking down at her.

Her eyes widen, just for a second. "You must be mistaken! I don't even know where you live silly!" she says, laughing.

"Felix, please, why don't you show Ms. Rossi to the dining table. I arranged a breakfast for us four." he says, walking out of the room.

Four? Is Nathalie going to accompany us?

As i'm walking to the kitchen, I hear a ring at the doorbell. My father opens the door, "Ah! Ms. Dupain-Cheng, follow me." my father says, my eyes widen.

Marinette is here?

marinette is at breakfast? CRAZYYY

lila and mari in the same room is a recipe for disasters..

kinda had writers block of what to write but i decided a cliffhanger will do