chapter sixteen; tell me.

the other woman,
    will never has his love to
                                          keep.

(marinette's pov)
  —8:15 am—

*ding*
  (unknown number)

An unknown number calls my phone, I look at it for a few seconds.

"Hello?" I say, hoping i'm not about to get murdered.

"Hello, Ms. Dupain-Cheng." I hear an odd but familiar voice. "This is Gabriel Agreste." he says, sounding very serious.

My heart races, oh no.. am I about to get fired. Felix hates me! Oh my god.

I internally panic, my hands start to get clammy. "Hello, Mr. Agreste!" I say, trying to sound cheerful.

"Would you like to join Felix and I for breakfast today?" he asks.

WHAT?!

GABRIEL AGRESTE IS INVITING ME? TO BREAKFAST?

"Sure! Is there a specific time?" I ask, nervously.

"10:00 am." he says, "Please be there sharply." he says, immediately hanging up.

I take a deep breath, and walk over to pick out an outfit suitable.

(felix pov)
  —10:00 am—

As Marinette walks in, I stop walking towards the dining room, and Lila turns around too. My father stands there, greeting Marinette with a smile. Lila and I walk towards my father.

I see Lila stare Marinette down, like she wanted her to leave and never come back.

Jealously was all over Lila's face. She wasn't attempting to hide it, how unprofessional.

I glance over at Marientte, who had just noticed Lila, it's going to be a joyous breakfast.

"Hey Felix!" she says, walking up to me, with a huge smile.

She gives me a side hug, I assume because Lila is present in the room with us.

I hug her, faking a soft smile. "Hey, Mari." I say, I think some couples do nicknames. I chose Mari for Marinette, since her name is unusually long.

Marinette forces a smile, my father smiles as well.

"Let's go eat, shall we?" my father says, walking towards the dining room.
~~

When we all sit down, Marinette sits down next to me, and Lila across from us. Father sits at the end of the table. It was enough food to feed eight people, not four.

There was crepes, macaroons, croissants, and more.

Marinette's eyes lit up, her parents owned a bakery, so I guess she loved sweets.

She grabbed a slice of the crepe, her mouth practically drooling.

She looks at me, and reaches out for another slice. She grabs it and puts it on my empty plate.

"No thanks." I say, attempting to put it on her plate.

"It's a coffee crepe, not even that sweet." she says, smiling.

My heart beats quicker, her smile making me feel, strange.

I take a bite, she looks eagerly at me. "So?" she says, looking at me with a happy look in her eyes. It wasn't too bad.

"It's delightful." I say, going in for another bite.

Lila looks at us, she also has a slice of crepe on her plate.

Lila had been surprisingly quiet, making small talk with my father.

"So," she starts speaking, "Marinette, we work on the same floor. Remember me?" she says, smiling sourly.

"Ah, Ms. Rossi." Marinette says, faking a smile.

"Yes! You can call me Lila." she says, trying to be kind. I can see through her, how unfortunate. Her trying to ruin this breakfast.

"Okay, Lila." Mari says, looking back down at her plate.

"So, Marinette. How is your job going as a secretary? Must be a breeze working straight for your boyfriend. Hmm?" she says, sounding bitter.

Marinette drops her fork, and has an angry expression on her face.

My father coughs, trying to get our attention.

"Ms. Rossi, I will not tolerate this behavior towards my sons partner." he says, standing up.

"I'm sorry Mr. Agreste! I was only trying to make a joke." she says, looking down.

I stand up, grabbing Marinette's purse. "Excuse me father, i'm not feeling too good, I am going to take a rest in my old bedroom." I say, guiding Marinette out and up the stairs.

Lila has a shocked expression on her face, Marinette having one as well.

We head up the stairs, Marinette trying to keep up.

"Felix, are you okay?" she says, looking up at my face, with a worried expression on her face.

"I'm fine, just was uncomfortable in that room." I say, loosing my tie.

As we walk into my old bedroom, it was a bit dusty, but tidy. Just as i'd left it.

"Wow, Felix. Your room is magnificent!" she says, looking around.

She walks up to my huge windows, looking out them.

"Thank you." I say, glancing up at my semi-empty bookshelves, I had taken my favorite books with me to my penthouse.

"I didn't know you read." she says, looking over at my bookshelves as well.

"Well, Marinette. There is a lot you do not know about me." I say, looking over at her.

Her eyes widen, as she slowly turns her head over to me, "Well, Felix. Tell me about yourself then."
~~

finally got this done!!!! spent the whole day asleep!!