chapter twelve; lack of sleep.

we were too close to the stars,
       i never knew somebody,
             like you somebody.

(felix pov)
—22:12–

I stand in my penthouse, pacing around. I look at my books, all my classic literature placed in specific orders.

My penthouse isn't well lit right now, but I like it like that. Only the city lights fill the room. I loosen my tie and take off my blazer.

The room is warm, my father doesn't really talk to me much, especially on this day of the year.

My mother was his whole world, even as a kid, she was my world too. Everything he has done was for her, his designs, his whole company.

My mother loved the color purple, so most of my fathers designs were purple. When she passed, he was deceased. He never told me how she passed.

Later in my life, I found out how she died. She died from a heart attack, one night, my father found her on their bedroom floor. She wasn't breathing.

He hired Nathalie soon after, she was like a second mother to me. She would help me with homework and eat dinner with me.

My father never wanted to eat dinner with me. He said it was a waste of time to eat with me, since he was busy with his designs.

I walk over to my huge windows that fill my whole penthouse, and look around the city. I see those calming pink curtains.

Something unusual, I see a feminine figure in the window. She slowly gets around the room.

I turn away, I don't want to invade on anyones personal life. I walk over and take a seat on my couch. Sitting and reading my emails.

    (third person pov)
(felix's penthouse)
—3;00 am—

Felix rolls around in his bed, he can't seem to get comfortable.

He opens his eyes, looking around his dark room. He yawns, getting up from his bed.

He walks towards his wine closet and picks out a bottle of red wine.

He goes to the kitchen and grabs a wine glass and pours a bunch of wine into the glass. He drinks all of it in one gulp.

(felix pov)
—3:17 am—

I sigh, not feeling any signs of being remotely tired. I walk around my house, feeling uninterested.

I walk over to my bookshelf, I grab the classic "Romeo and Juliet", novel. I've never been one for a romance, but is this really a romance?

I light my fireplace, feeling the warmth feel my living room. I light my favorite candle, which smells like old leather.

I start reading the page, page one.

Prologue;

Two households, both alike in dignity
(In fair Verona, where we lay our scene),
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes 5 A pair of star-crossed lovers take their life;
Whose misadventured piteous overthrows
Doth with their death bury their parents' strife.
The fearful passage of their death-marked love
And the continuance of their parents' rage, 10 Which, but their children's end, naught could remove,
Is now the two hours' traffic of our stage;
The which, if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend.

(marinettes house)
   (third person)
—3:17 am—

Marinette sleeps, cozy in her bed.

Marinette's room was cluttered, her clothes from the previous dinner she had just shared with Felix, her shoes all over the ground, books scattered all over her mini-couch that was in the corner of her room.

Her blankets tangled on her body, making her sheets wrinkled.

Her bookshelf, was unorganized and messy, random books thrown all over her shelf.

Designs she had sketched from the nights she couldn't fall asleep laid on her desk.

Don't forget the biggest mess in that room, the biggest mess of all, Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Or at least that's what she thought of herself. Marinette looked in the mirror everyday, she saw a young woman, but she also saw, a disaster causing mess.

Marinette has always been clumsy, but ever since the incident with Felix in the parking lot, it's made her aware of how many things she could easily screw up.

As she is fully asleep, two apartment complexes away, is a man, who she knows well.

A man named Felix Agreste, who doesn't believe in love. A man who is sitting, reading a novel about two forbidden lovers.

Felix Agreste, a man who she thinks could never make a mistake. A man who might make the biggest mistake of his life if he lets Marinette go.

A/N

I was literally writing this at 2:04 am... because i couldn't sleep.. me and Felix are the same fr..

kinda a filler chap

im gonna try to get a longer better chapter out by tonight !!!!!