chapter twenty-one; photos and fashion

there's loving in your eyes that pull me closer.

(at the red-carpet event)
(mari's pov)

When we arrive at the event, I could already see the reporters.

Felix gets out first, and then opens the door for me. I hold up my dress, and Felix offers his hand to me.

I gladly take it, and we start walking into the event, I was so nervous.

I can't screw this up.

I take a deep breath, and do my best smile.

"You okay?" Felix asks, I noticed my hands were shaking in his grasp.

"Yes." I say, lying.

He sighs, we walk in front of a background, "Alright, You guys are Parises most famous couple! Give us a kiss!" they say, we both have shocked expressions.

A KISS?

"Actually, we don't feel comfortable kissing on camera." I say, smiling.

Felix grabs my waist, and he kisses my cheek. I fake a big smile.

"BRAVA!" the photographer shrieks. A wide blush goes on his face.

"Nice work." I say, taking is hand and walking away from the background.

No place was a safe-zone for us. We had to be a fake couple all night.

My feet hurt.

Felix and I got an exclusive seat, I've had a ton of glasses of wine, probably 19 at this point.

The wine is so divine.

"Marinette, we need to go take more pictures." Felix says, reaching his hand out for me.

I take his hand, I feel dizzy. I lean onto him, I want to go lay down, or maybe sob.

The drive here was nearly one hour, i'm so tired.

We pose for more pictures, I meet so many celebrities as well. So far, I have met Jennifer Lopez, Katy Perry, and many more.

I took many pictures with the celebrities. They were complimenting me and I was so ecstatic.

All of this socializing has made me mentally tired.
-
(felix's pov)

Marinette looks so exhausted, she is leaning on me. She looks tipsy too. We pose for pictures, I try to hurry with these pictures. Marinette looks like she's about to pass out.

"You alright Mari?" I ask, her response was leaning her forehead against my chest, i'm sure the wine was affecting her behavior.

I put my hand in her hair, I pat her head.

I lean down and whisper "30 more minutes, and we're out of here." I say, she responds to that with a groan.

I support her waist and lead her over to our reserved table.

She reaches out for the wine, I swat her hand. "I think you have had enough." I say, softly.

She sits up, her face looking so tired, my heart clenched. I feel bad.

I'm used to these kind of events, Mari isn't used to this kind of social stuff.

"These heels hurt so bad!" she whines, we've been here for almost 4 hours now.

"I don't know why they insisted on those shoes, the stylist's know how long these events happen." I say, rolling my eyes.

She yawns again, "Can I put my hair up?" she whines, I think she's a little drunk. This is how she spoke at my apartment, and at the bar.

"No." I say, she looks like she was about to burst into tears.

"Please! Felix I want to go to bed!" she says, I check my watch.

Screw this.

I get up, I grab her hand and walk her towards the exit.

She walks slowly, she grabs my suit for support.

I see our limo parked, I put her in the big bench seat in the back and sit next to her.

"Felix, can you put my hair back?" she says, her voice cracking.

"How?" I ask.

"I don't know just do it!" she says, taking the hair tie out from her purse.

"Uh, I can try." I say, panicking.

She turns around, her midnight-blue hair falling down her back, my heart pounds on my chest.

Her hair was amazingly-soft, it felt like silk on my fingertips, I grab all of it and loop the hairband 3 times, making a low ponytail.

She gives me a hug, "Marinette, are you sure you're okay?" I ask, feeling her forehead.

Her head was warm, but nothing really alarming.

"Felix, I feel like shit." she says, laying her head against the window.

"Go to sleep then." I say, laughing.

A few minutes later, I feel a sharp pain in my leg, I look down and see a pink heel on my lap. I look over to see Marinette laying down on the seat, sprawled out.

Her legs on-top of my lap, I just let her rest. It's been a long night, for both of us.

An hour later, we make it back to the hotel.

I try to wake Mari up, but she wouldn't budge.

I was considering leaving her in the limo..

That would be unkind, I suppose.

I slide her out gently, and carry her in.

When we make it back to the room, it was chaotic.

I tried to get Mari to change, she refused.

"Mari, please!" I beg, she finally gives in and walks over to her bag, almost tripping over it. Twice.

She pulls out a tank top and some pink plaid pajamas. She sloppily walks over to the bathroom and slams the door.

When she walks out, she nearly hits herself with the door.

Great, a clumsy drunk. Although, I believe she's more clumsy sober.

She walks over to the couch, and falls onto it.

At this point, I'm already in my sweats and t-shirt. She took 10 minutes to change.

"Marinette, get off the couch and go to bed." I say, sighing.

It's like taking care of a child.

"NoooO!" she yells, I sigh and pick her up.

I walk over to the bed and put her down on her side. She groans, "Couch!" she chants at me. I ignore her and lay down on my side.

Marinette was complaining for 15 minutes before I heard mini-snores.
~~