chapter twenty; ...

it feels like we only go backwards.

(mari's pov)

I run to the elevator, quickly.

I panic, hoping Felix isn't too angry.

Hopping out of the elevator, I hear sirens, and yelling. 

What happened?

I run outside, not even looking for Felix, I was more concerned on what has happened outside.

I see a blonde man, he was laying in the road. I see his tie, a dark green tie, it looked familiar. 

I observe the scene, seeing the man being put on a body board. I immediately made the connection. 

FELIX?

I run to the ambulance, tears stinging at my eyes.

His face was bloody, his suit was ripped.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" I say, my french accent ruining my english.

"Ma'am, do you know this man?" an EMS says to me, "Yes! He is my boyfriend!" I shout, my face going red.

"Okay, hop in the back with me." he says, I don't hesitate to jump into the seat in the ambulance,  I start to panic, my hands starting to sweat.

"How did this happen?" I say, looking over at Felix, then back to the EMS. 

"Some witnesses say he saw a little child running into the road from the hotels window, he ran to save the little girl. A white car was speeding away from the police and hit him really hard." the EMS says.

He had a sympathetic look on his face, I start crying.

Did I care for Felix?

My eyes sting, my makeup smudged all on my eyes. Felix looked horrible.

I reach out for his hand, when I hold it, it was completely limp. 

"We don't know if he will make it, and if he does, his brain will be suffering from a traumatic brain injury. He may suffer from amnesia, the chances of him living his normal life is unlikely. Even so, he would be paralyzed, or have severe personality changes." the EMS says. 

That made me spiral into shock, I was paralyzed with disbelief.

It's not true, right?

I hear the machine flatline, I hold onto his hand. 

"The patient is in asystole! we need to initiate CPR!" I heard the EMS worker yell, they start doing chest compressions. I let go of his hand. 

I can't breathe.

The air is stuck in my throat.

This is a nightmare.

"Félix, s'il vous plaît!" I say, sobbing. I start speaking French again to him, so he can understand better. (Felix, Please!)

His english was good, but French was his first language, and I wanted it to be the last thing he heard.

"Je suis désolé Félix, d'être un idiot complet pour toi, j'aurais dû réaliser à quel point tu comptais pour moi. Je t'aime, Félix Agreste." I say, crying to him.

(I'm sorry Felix, for being a complete idiot to you, I should've realized how much you meant to me. I love you, Felix Agreste.)

Why?

Why me?

Why him?

Why us?

--

A few weeks later, he got buried close to his mothers grave. I stand there everyday, reading his books from his penthouse to him. I stand there and speak about my day. I bring flowers for him and his mother.

Sometimes, I even see Mr. Agreste standing there.

Felix was such a brilliant soul, I wish we could've been together, for real. 

~~

a/n 

HAHAH! APRIL FOOLS! CHAPTER 20 WILL COME OUT SOON! THE REAL ONE!

(re-re-redited) just because this chap is supposed to be emotional. :) 

(PS, IDK IF IM GONNA UPDATE THIS WEEKEND! IM GOING TO MY BROTHERS DADS HOUSE AND IM ALWAYS SUPER BUSY!) LOVE YALL

THANK YOU ALL FOR 1k READS! I APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH! I LOVE YALL I WANNA CRY :))))