chapter four; papers

that my bestfriend, she a real bad bitch.
~~
~monday~

(marinettes POV)

—7:13 am—

I arrive at G. Agreste Inc. and take a deep breath, it feels cool outside. I adjust my blazer and make sure I have my employee ID on. The sidewalk feels smooth, and the building towers over me, a sleek modern building, with fancy architecture. As i'm walking towards the doors, I noticed the beautiful gardens and fountains surrounding the building.

I scan my ID by the doors, and I walk in with confidence, after all, didn't I work hard to be here? In reality, inside my mind I was filled with anxiety, I was overthinking every possible outcome. What if I fell? What if my heel broke? What if I get lost? The lobby is a modern luxury, there's beautiful pieces of art, sleek couches, and a huge "Gabriel Agreste Inc." sign over the front desk.

"Good Morning!" I say to the ladies at the front desk. "Have a good day!" one of them says to me with a bright smile on her face. I felt queasy as I was walking towards the elevator, I go to floor 10, Felix's office. I click the up arrow and wait for awhile.

When the elevator is finally here, it's already 7:23, I start work in seven minutes. I step into the elevator and click the tenth floor. "Hold the door!" I hear a loud woman's voice yell, I quickly put my hand in front of the elevators opening. The woman finally makes it, just in time.

"Thank you!" she tells me, "Oh! Hi, my name is Alya Cesaire." she says to me while clicking the sixth floor. "Hi Alya, i'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, I just started working here as Felix Agreste's secretary!" I say with a jittery smile. "Felix's secretary huh? That's odd." she says with a baffled smile. "Yeah, it's funny, I met someone in an elevator here not too long ago." I say while giggling a little. We both start chuckling, "That's crazy, well it's about to be my floor, so Marinette, why don't we have lunch together today?" she asks me, "Sure!" I reply eagerly.

Her elevator dings, and I wave goodbye to her with a little smile still on my face. The doors close and I stand there, shaky. I'm so struck with nerves that I feel like i'm gonna hurl. I stand tapping my heel against the elevator floor and checking my watch. —7:28— My watch says.

*ding*

My floor has finally arrived, I take a huge breath and start walking, taking in the view of Paris from the big open windows around me, the overwhelming smell of coffee and the sounds of talking surround the environment. I find a huge office that says "President Agreste" on it, which i'm assuming is Felix's office. I put my phone in my handbag and knock on the door softly.

"Who is it?" I heard a deep voice call out towards me. "Excuse me Mr. Agreste, i'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, i'm your new secretary, may I come in?" I ask in the most soft and friendly tone I could possibly do. "Come in Ms. Dupain-Cheng." he says with a firm voice.

I enter the office, when I first walk in I see papers everywhere, on his couch, on his floors, stacked all over the place. Then I look at him, and wow, what a sight. Felix stands up and looks down on me, he has to be AT LEAST six foot tall. I look up and smile softly at him. "Hello Mr. Agreste, I was hired as your secretary." I say to him. "Felix." he says, "Excuse me?" I reply with a nervous smile.

What did he mean "Felix?" my nerves shot up ten times more than they already were, my hands started to get clammy and I could feel my heartbeat, why was I so intimidated by this man? "Call me Felix." was all he said, "Oh, okay! Call me Marinette if you'd like." I said back, I didn't feel as nervous, even though our first encounter was bad, I don't see him so bad.

"I have many rules Marinette. Rule number one, don't bother me if you don't have too. Rule number two, don't email or call me during non-business hours, and rule three, I like my coffee black, no sugar." he said with a stern expression on his face. "Okay got it! Where should I start?" I say, trying not to start sweating.

"Sort these papers by date please," he says while gathering a huge stack of paper, "And when you have organized them, bring them to me. Your desk is right outside my office." he says while pointing to the door.

"Okay, i'll be back soon." I say.

My desk was huge, it had a fancy computer and it had all sorts of pens, pencils, and everything I would've needed. I start organizing the papers Felix asked for and I was getting so bored.

I notice there's a huge planner by my elbow, and I'm guessing it's for Felix's schedule. My job included organizing Felix's appointments from work appointments to doctor appointments. I look at my watch, — 7:58—, it was already nearly eight am.

~~ forty-five minutes later ~~

I finally finish these papers, I stack them up neatly and make my way over to Felix's office, "Felix, I finished the papers." I say calmly. "Leave them there," he gestures to his already covered in papers couch. "Alright Felix." I say, making my way over to the couch and set down the papers in the middle of the couch.

I walk out of the office and sit back on my office chair.

*ring ring*

My phone rings, "Hello?" I answer the office's phone, "Hello, Ms. Dupain-Cheng, it's me Nathalie, I assume you have found your desk and adjusted well?" she said, "Yes! Thank you Nathalie." I say, excited to hear from Nathalie already.

~~ monday ~~

(felix pov)

—6:00am—

I arrive at the office awfully early, I unlock the doors with my employee ID and turn on the lobby lights. I make my way to the elevator and check my watch while waiting for the arrival of the elevator.

*ding*

I step into the doors of the elevator and I click the tenth floor, I check my business email on my phone on the elevator ride, fifteen new emails in the past ten minutes.

*ding*

I make my way to my office, and I start working before anyone even arrives at work. My computer dings and I start typing and trying to organize my office, I start putting all of my old documents in my filing cabinet and I organize it by A-Z.

~~ 7:31 ~~

I heard a knock on my office door, "Who is it?" I call out towards my door, "Excuse me Mr. Agreste, i'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng, i'm your new secretary, may I come in?" I heard a soft voice call out. "Come in Ms. Dupain-Cheng." I say with a firm voice.

~~ 9:01 am~~

"Ms. Marinette," I call out with a loud voice, I hear her chair move and I hear her high heels clicking on the marble floors as she walks to my door. "Yes Felix?" she says leaning in my doorway. "Get me coffee." I say while holding my huge coffee cup up in the air. Something about her face made her looked kind of annoyed. She walks up and takes my cup and leaves my office.

A few minutes later, she comes back, and the smell of coffee fills my office, I take a breath. She hands the cup of coffee to me, and I take a sip. "You may take your leave now Ms. Marinette." I say, and then start answering business emails immediately. She quickly turns and walks away fast and out to her desk. I continue working and I yawn slightly.

~~12:32~~
Marinette sits and waits for Alya to show up to their lunch.

She shakes up some salad she made the night before and checks her business email while waiting. "So. Ms. Secretary." Marinette hears a familiar voice say behind her.

"Oh my god! You scared me Alya." Marinette exclaims, "Anyways, hey Alya!" the blunette says with a blushed look on her face.

"Hey girl! We really haven't gotten to know each other, so i'll tell you a little about myself. My name is Alya, my favorite color is orange! I love foxes, and I work here in the journalism office on the sixth floor!" Alya starts explaining super fast, Marinette smiles and nods, trying to understand while she's talking.

"So Marinette, tell me about yourself." Alya says and has a cheeky smile, "Well okay, I've always wanted to be a fashion designer, I love the color pink, I make my own work clothes." she says, trying to not sound like she's bragging.

Suddenly, Alya's eyes lit up like she was super excited, she grabbed Marinette's hands, "I know we are going to be the bestest of friends."
~~
a/n

forth chapter :))