chapter seventeen; accidental nap

maybe love is overrated

(third person pov)

"Well, Felix. Tell me about yourself then." Marinette says, looking over at him.

His eyes instantly widened. What did she mean?

"What?" He says, she smiles. "Tell me about your life, you said I do not know anything about you." she says, walking towards the shocked man.

"Well, Marinette. Let's have a seat then, shall we?" he says, motioning over towards the dusty leather couch, that was sitting up against the wall.

The two walked over and took a seat, Marinette sinking into the back of the cushion. She felt like she was sitting on the most comfortable cloud in the whole universe.

"Felix, I have to have this this couch!" she says, closing her eyes and leaning her head into the couch even more.

"I'm afraid I cannot let you do that." he says, putting his arms on the armrest. Sinking into the couch as well.

Marinette sat awfully close to Felix, her barely noticing. She felt comfortable around him now, they have two things in common, classical music lovers, and they were both major bookworms.

"So, tell me about yourself Felix." she says, looking at his jawline, then to his eyes.

He sighs, "I was born here in Paris, I was a miracle baby." he starts, "I was a smart child, throughout my childhood my father thought I was some kind of child prodigy. He made me play piano, have extra tutors, and even go to a fancy private school." he says, looking over at Marinette, who had a small frown on her face.

"My mother protested against private school and the tutors, she said it was too much for a child. She did enjoy the piano though." he says, having a small smile, in the remembrance of his mother. Marinette looks around as he speaks, seeing a blonde woman in a picture frame, her eyes brighten up. She was a beautiful woman.

"Is that your mother over there?" she says, pointing to the nearby shelf. "Yes." Felix responds, his eyes softened at the glance.

"She was a beautiful woman, you take your looks from her." she says, smiling.

"I appreciate that, Marinette." he says, smiling softly to her.

"Alright, where was I? Oh right, soon after, I enrolled into our elementary school." he says, "My first friend was a girl, named Chloe. Her father is the mayor of Paris, we stopped being friends after I started working for my father a few years ago." he says, smirking a little. He didn't enjoy Chloe's constant nagging on and on.

Marinette's eye twitched, oh how she hated Chloe Bourgeois. Chloe made her life absolute hell in high school, always teasing Marinette about her ponytails, and her parents bakery.

She zoned out, "When we were in high school, my mother developed a deadly illness, causing her to die quick." he says, Marinette hears that, her heart feels like it got pulled apart.

Poor Felix, he doesn't deserve this. Marinette thought to herself.

Without a second thought, she puts her hand on Felix's. A shocked look goes across his face, but he doesn't move. His heart pounds, it feels like it's running a hundred miles per hour. He shakes off the feeling, ignoring his feelings. Instead, he just puts his head on Marinette's shoulder.

(mari's pov)
  — 11:02 am --

Felix laid his head on my shoulder twenty minutes ago.

Felix laid his head on MY SHOULDER TWENTY MINUTES AGO?

His eyes closed slowly, and he fell asleep less than two minutes ago. His weight leaned against my body. I moved over slowly, moving his head to my lap. I get on my phone and go on instagram.

He sleeps, somehow, my heart races. I turn off my phone and look down at his bright blonde thick hair. I fight the urge to put my hand through his hair and play with it.

Well, I couldn't hold off the urge anymore.

I put my hand through his hair, running my fingers slowly through his hair. His hair was so soft, I might need to steal his shampoo.

God I hope he doesn't use two in one, but he's too rich for that. Does he even know what that is?

I take my hand out of his hair, and lean my head back on the couch. Best couch ever, I want it. I need it.

A sudden wave of tiredness flows through me, I close my eyes and drift off into a deep sleep.

(felix pov)

  — 13:13 pm —

I wake up, and here little snores.

What?

I open my eyes, first seeing my bedroom, but sideways.

I get up, and see Marinette passed out on the couch. "Marinette?" I say, tapping her shoulder.

"Five more minutes." she says, waving her hand around. Why are we always in sleeping-on-couch situations? I start smacking her arm lightly.

"No, wake up now. It's been two hours." I say, her eyes fly open.

"WHAT?" she yells, nearly flying off the couch.

"Yeah, it's 13:14." I say, looking at my watch.

Her eyes widen, "I got to go! I have to finish my mom's dress!" she exclaims, running towards the bedroom door.

"Marinette! Wait!" I say, she stops running, almost falling over her own foot.

"You forgot your purse," I say, and take a sharp breath, "And, thank you for coming, and talking with me." I say, smiling.

Her face relaxes, "Anytime, Felix. Call me, anytime." she says, smiling at me, she waves and rushes out the door.

My face heats up, I stand there, smiling. Feeling, an emotion I longed for after my mom passed away.

Happiness.

(mari's pov)

I rush into my apartment, quickly trying to get the finishing touches on my mother's dress.

(14:45)

I hear a knock on my door, I walk over and look into the peep-hole. My mother was standing, with an excited look in her eyes.

I throw open the door, "Maman!" I say, quickly giving her a huge hug. "Hello, dear!" she says, walking in.

"Your dress is finished!" I say, running over to the mannequin. "TADAA!" I say, doing jazz hands towards the dress. "Wow! Marinette! It's the most beautiful dress i've ever seen!" she says, her eyes lighting up.

"Here, make sure to have papa take a picture of you in it! I can't wait to see you in it!" I say, she nods and walks towards the door. "Bye sweetie! Come visit soon!" she says, closing my door.

I jump on my couch, letting out a sigh of relief. Also a sigh of anger, now I hated my couch!

Damn you Felix!

~~

a/n

UPDATE ALERT!!!! I TRIED TO GET HOME ASAP TO UPDATE!!!! :)))