183. Long Ring Long Land

Leaving Sakazuki's unit with a broken ship, the Clowns headed to the next island. Ruff is evaluating the Railgun after using it to defeat Sakazuki's unit. It has good power but Enel said it needs a lot of energy to use so Ruff is trying to fix that issue.

Meanwhile, Buggy is teaching Armament Haki to Enel. He couldn't injure Sakazuki before because he couldn't use it. Without Armament, the railgun will be useless against some devil fruit users that can nullify Enel's lightning power.

"So that weapon can only be used by Enel, huh?" asks Cricket.

"Yeah, for now. Ruff & I planned to make a strong electric generator for the Railgun's energy source. So the previous test was to measure the energy needed by the Railgun," says Buggy.

"That means anyone can use it after we have the generator?" asks Mantis.

"That's right. It will be meaningless if only Enel can use it. He is our Helmsman, so he can't always use the Railgun when we are in naval battles," says Buggy.

"Hmm, but the Railgun's attack range seems to be very long. Won't we need a good sniper to use it?" asks Deon.

Buggy smirks and says, "We already have a good sniper."

"Huh? Who?" asks Deon.

"Oi oi oi, didn't you see it yourself? Ruff could hit Sakazuki's ship perfectly from such a long distance. He is already better than most snipers in the world," says Buggy.

"Now that you mention it, he really did well," says Deon.

"He always needs to test his weapons. Maybe that's why his shot can have high accuracy," says Cricket.

The Clowns keep moving to the next island while doing many things. Most of them train during the days while doing what they like & do their jobs every now and then. Training has become their routine since they joined the crew, so they always train every day.

Buggy & Cricket also have given the crew some martial arts manuals to learn including Hasshoken. They can train any martial art that they like. Most of the martial arts manuals were bought on Karate Island when they stayed there to train.

The only thing that Buggy hasn't given to them is the haki training method. To get it, they need to gain his approval first. They don't just need sufficient strength to get it, but also need to have enough contribution for the crew and show their loyalty. Well, it all depends on Buggy's decision in the end.

After 4 days of sailing, they finally reach the next island, Long Ring Long Land. The crew is amazed at the island's uniqueness. Everything here has a long size including the name.

They arrived on the island right when the water level dropped. So now the small island parts are connected and shaped like a big ring. But they don't find any humans on where they landed. The people who live here must've gone to another part.

The log change in this island is 2 days, so they can enjoy their time a little here. But without any town, they can't fully enjoy their time because this place feels like an uninhabited island. Some people live here, but the crew doesn't want to bother searching, so they just stay near their ship and enjoy their time.

At night, they see the water lever raises and split the island into 10 smaller islands. It's very interesting and makes them amazed. Buggy is the most excited among them because he never thought that he would see this phenomenon happen with his own eyes.

"We come at the perfect time. I want to see the whole island resurface, but it just happens once a year so I need to wait for next year," says Buggy.

"Ah, I want to see it too, even though I don't have eyes, Yohohoho," says Brook.

"Then, let's buy you a pair of eyes in blackmarket. Manba will attach it to you. In fact, let's buy every organ that you don't have," says Jude while grinning sinisterly.

Brook gets scared and says, "P-Please no, I was just joking. I'm satisfied with being a skeleton."

"Hehe, I was just joking too," says Jude.

"Don't joke like that, it's scary and disgusting," says Manba.

The next day a pirate crew also landed on the island. Tension rises between the 2 crews and Buggy doesn't hesitate to attack the other crew. He orders his crew to initiate the attack and they all immediately get into action.

The other crew is quite a big crew with 132 people including the crew's Captain. They have a total bounty of 212 million with their Captain having an 82 million bounty. This crew is quite tough for the Clowns' normal members, but they still manage to defeat it without the strong members' help.

The executives who join the battle are just Brook and Ruff. They need more battle experiences so this weaker crew is the perfect opponent. The enemies' number is higher, but their strength is lower, so Buggy doesn't need to worry about losing any of his crewmates.

Buggy watches Brook's battle and is very satisfied with it. The skeleton's swordsmanship has improved a lot since they started to spar now and then. Brook also has started to grasp the usage of his soul in a battle.

The skeleton is doing well and defeating a lot of enemies. Ruff also doing well, but his demeanor in his battle is not pleasant. He is acting like a maniac that shoots and throws his weapons anywhere.

"That guy makes some strange weapons again," says Palu while looking at Ruff's new weapons.

Some of Ruff's new weapons are liquid that only melt the clothes, stinky gas bombs, bombs filled with rotten food, etc.

"It seems he just used whatever materials he got and made something out of those," says Enel with a sweatdrop.

"Well, he surely couldn't be picky," says Cricket.

The battle between both crews ends just in 15 minutes. It will be a lot faster if all executives joined the battle, but it will be meaningless. They need to strengthen their crew members and give them more battle experience. Besides, the enemies this time are too weak for them so it will just be a boring battle.

Of course, the Clowns loot the enemy ship and take all their valuables. Surprisingly, the enemy crew is quite wealthy with many treasures & money. They even have a devil fruit which really shocked Buggy.

"Hmm, a zoan type. Bird Bird Fruit, model: Owl. Not bad. Do you want it, Bastia?" asks Buggy to the man who found the devil fruit, Bastia.

Bastia, a man with an average look and brown hair gets surprised before stuttering, "E-Eh? M-Me?"

"Yeah, you know the rule. The one who finds the devil fruit has the right to use it however they like. You can eat it or sell it to anyone in the crew. But you are prohibited to sell it outside. So, what will you do? Just reminding you, you won't get the other loot if you choose the devil fruit. This one fruit itself is worth a lot more than the share from today's loot," says Buggy.

Bastia gulps his saliva and thinks for a while before deciding to eat the devil fruit. The others are jealous but they still cheer for their comrade's luck. They all know the rule since they joined and have agreed to it, so they can't complain now. Besides, having one of their comrades get stronger is a good thing.

After looking and hesitating for a bit, Bastia eats the devil fruit. Its horrible taste makes Bastia almost puke, but Buggy stops him and forces him to eat it. A moment later, Bastia shows his Owl transformation, and everyone cheers before having a party. It's a very good day for the crew.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 207 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 218 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)