137. The Iron's Last Fight

Cricket still hasn't finished fighting his battle against Nando. Well, his opponent is the strongest among the Iron Shovels. So it won't be easy to fight Nando, even for Cricket.

Nando swings his haki covered iron shovel toward Cricket at a fast speed from every direction. Cricket counters Nando's attacks with his haki covered punches. They clash many times in a few seconds and the impacts of their clashes are big.

As they clashes, Cricket sees a chance when Nando swings his iron shovel diagonally from up left. Cricket evade to the left and then thrust his left hand like a spear at Nando's chest.

"You're wide open," says Cricket while smirking.

"Damn," curses Nando as Cricket's hand moves toward his chest.

*BAM*

Nando can't move his iron shovel to block it at the right time, so he covers his chest with armament haki to defend Cricket's attack. Cricket's punch flings Nando a few meters back but he can stabilize himself and he slides on the floor.

Cricket doesn't wait and rushes at Nando with an attack ready. Seeing Cricket rushing to him, Nando also prepares his move. When Cricket sends a big straight punch, Nando swings his iron shovel to parry it from below.

"Don't push your luck, rookie!" says Nando angrily.

Nando slides forward and uses the shovel's handle to hit Cricket's jaw. It hits Cricket but he spins his body to reduce the damage. He spins in full motion and attacks Nando again with a swing of his hand.

But his attack gets blocked by Nando's iron shovel. They start to clash again at close range. Both of them hit and get hit by the other as they clash. Their battle makes them seem equal, but it's not the case.

The number of hits is similar, but the damages inflicted are different. Cricket inflicts more damage and receives less than Nando. His attacks are stronger and his body is tougher than the Iron Shovel Captain.

Even their armament haki's hardness is different. Cricket's haki is harder than Nando's even though Nando has learned haki before Cricket. But Cricket trained his haki more than Nando, their hard work is different.

Cricket then starts to use hasshoken on each of his attacks. It makes his attacks stronger even with the same strength. He forced Nando to exert more strength to match Cricket's attacks.

But Cricket's strong attacks are still a tad stronger. He pushes Nando slowly, forcing the guy to step back little by little. Cricket also punches rapidly and Nando can't find any gap.

"What's wrong, veteran? Have a difficult time fighting this rookie? Where's your big mouth now?" asks Cricket mockingly.

"Tch, don't get too full of yourself!" says Nando angrily even though he is really having a difficult time fighting against Cricket.

His anger makes him use more strength and now he is the one who pushes Cricket. Their situation gets reversed and Nando laughs arrogantly. But Cricket just smirks seeing Nando wasting his energy like this.

Just like what Cricket thought, Nando gets tired fast. The guy starts to pant and his attacks power reduces significantly. Now he gets hit a lot by Cricket's punches.

"Hehe, this is why you need to use your brain too, not only your emotion. Age & experience really won't guarantee someone's matureness," says Cricket as he prepares a big attack.

Nando can only click his tongue bitterly because he can't refute that. He really made a big mistake by getting too emotional before. Now he needs to pay the price and it is not a cheap price.

Cricket stands in front of the tired Nando with a punch ready and he says, "Hasshoken Original Secret Technique: World Breaker!"

Right after chanting his technique's name, Cricket sends a punch at Nando's body. His punch hits Nando very hard and the Hasshoken's vibration creates strong ripples in the air. The vibration also runs through Nando's body and damages it.

The vibration in his body shakes his blood, muscle, bones, & organs. The shakes of his blood ruptures his veins and his bones also cracked. He coughs a lot of blood as he gets flying very fast.

Nando flies to his ship's mainmast and crashes onto it. The crash is very strong until the mast breaks and falls. But Nando isn't that weak and he survives that even with big injuries.

Cricket has anticipated this and already rushing at Nando. He jumps at Nando who can't move while preparing his punch. Then Cricket punches Nando's head from above, making him crash onto the floor.

But Nando still survives that even though Cricket has used a lot of power. Cricket punches strongly again but the guy is still conscious. So Cricket punches him multiple times until he finally loses consciousness.

"Phew, what a guy. Surviving such attacks even with his condition," says Cricket as he looks at Nando's sorry state.

Cricket looks around to find his crewmates and see them gathering in a corner. They are looking at him too and wave their hands to call him. Manba is treating their injuries while they watched Cricket's battle.

"Captain & Ruff aren't here yet?" asks Cricket after tying Nando with a thick rope.

"No, they aren't even in our ship when I checked it," says Palu.

"Huh? Then where are they going?" asks Cricket.

Palu points to the passenger ship with his thumb. Cricket looks at it and sees Ruff is running around panicky as he gets chased by a man. The man wields a metal bat and has a charred face & hair.

It seems Ruff has done something to the man and he was. Ruff shot a medium-sized Buggy Cannonball with his hand cannon to the man. The man hit it with his metal bat and it explode in front of his face.

It made the man pissed and chased Ruff around with his metal bat. The weaponized slaves want to help, but they don't know what to do. So Ruff fights alone, although it doesn't really look like a fight.

As he gets chased, Ruff drops some small brown balls. The man steps on the balls and slips then fall on the floor. The brown balls popped as they get stepped on and brown oil come out of them.

"What the hell is this?" asks the man as he tries to stand up but always slipped and falls.

Ruff throws more brown balls toward the man and they popped, releasing more oil. The man finally gets covered fully in brown oil and Ruff laughs like a maniac.

"Huahahaha, my plan has worked. Metal-bat-man, you are a good opponent, but you are not smart enough. With this, I will finish our battle," says Ruff as he takes out a wooden lighter.

The metal-bat-man sees the lighter and widens his eyes. He tries to get away frantically, but he always gets slipped and falls. Ruff laughs maniacally seeing that and sets the lighter on before throwing it to the oil.

The oil gets burn and the flame spread fast. Then the fire also burns the man who has been covered fully in the oil. He wants to run, but still gets slipped by the remaining oil on the floor. He finally can run after the oil on the floor gets burnt completely, so he runs and jumps to the sea.

The fire finally died down after he dived in the water. But when he resurfaced, Ruff has waited for him with an attack ready. Ruff shoots his hand cannon and shoots multiple times toward the man.

The Buggy Cannonballs hit the man and explode right on his face. Some big explosions happen on the sea surface and water splash around. When the explosions stop and subside down, the metal-bat-man is floating unconsciously on the sea.

"HUAHAHAHA, GOOD WORK, MY BABIES!" says Ruff loudly like a maniac.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 30+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 156 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 167 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)