177. Gan Fall

Cricket finally remembers the Golden Bell that Noland wrote in his book. But the Bell isn't in Shandora like how it's supposed to be.

"Do you know where it is, Captain?" asks Cricket.

"Yeah, but before that, we need to meet some people first. Aren't you curious about the descendants of those who live in this City?" asks Buggy.

"Kalgara, huh? I'm not that sentimental about Noland's relationship with people. But the whereabouts of people who once lived in this City surely make me curious," says Cricket.

"Then we'll try to find them later. For now, let's enjoy this place. We won't find another place like this," says Buggy.

The crew is exploring Shandora happily because they can see gold everywhere. Enel is the happiest among them. This guy is addicted to gold, a very strange addiction.

He almost takes a piece of gold wall, but he stops when Buggy glares at him from afar. It's not that Buggy doesn't want the gold, but every loot is the crew's loot. No one is allowed to take it without Captain's permission.

After touring around the city, the Clowns eat together in its plaza. It's a very nice experience to eat while being surrounded by gold. They believe that they must be the only pirate crew who has done it because Roger Pirates didn't do it in the past when they were here.

While they eat, they suddenly feel some presence getting closer to them. They look at the ones coming and see some people in white clothing. There's an old man in the middle and he is surrounded by some guards.

"Well, well, well, isn't this the God of Skypiea? What business that you have with pirates like us that make you come by yourself? Aren't you afraid that we'll do something bad to you? Or maybe you have gone senile?" asks Buggy.

Indeed, the old man who comes with some guards is the current God of Skypiea, Gan Fall.

"INSOLENCE! HOW DARE YOU TALK LIKE THAT TO GOD?" shouts a guard while pointing his spear at Buggy.

"You better put that spear down, buddy. My crew doesn't like their Captain being threatened like this," says Buggy while smirking.

The guard looks at the Clowns who are holding their weapons, ready to strike anytime. Then he suddenly sees a gold staff that comes from behind besides his left cheek. Enel has flashed behind him without his realization.

"You better do as my Captain said. I can strike all of you here in an instant after he said the word," says Enel.

The guard gulps his saliva nervously and Gan Fall finally tells him to put his spear down. He follows his God's order and then Buggy tells Enel to return.

"I'm sorry for that, he is just doing his job," says Gan Fall.

"I'm sure he is. So, what's your business with us?" asks Buggy.

"Well, you have entered the Upper Yard, a forbidden ground. So we must warn you and find out your reason to enter this place. You even destroy the cloud that covered this place, so you must've searched for something. As the authorities of Skypiea, we need to know what you're doing here," says Gan Fall.

"Forbidden ground? Strange. I came here 5 years ago and could enter this place just fine. I even climb the Giant Jack and no one has a problem with it," says Buggy teasingly.

"5 years ago? Ah! You are that kid from Roger's crew," says Gan Fall in realization.

"Heh, you finally remember it, senile God," says Buggy.

Gan Fall waves his hand apologetically and says, "Hahaha, it's been 5 years, so I can't remember all of you clearly. If I'm not mistaken, your name is... Banks!"

"It's Buggy. And don't combine my name with Shanks!" says Buggy pissedly.

The Clowns are holding their laugh now because of Gan Fall's mistake to remember Buggy's name. Banks have an entirely different meaning, so it's really funny.

"Haha, sorry, sorry. There are too many of you back then. So I can't remember everyone. Then, can you tell me why you're here, Buggy?" asks Gan Fall.

"Sigh, take a sit first, old man. You actually come at the right time. There's something that I want to talk about with you," says Buggy.

Gan Fall nods and sits in front of Buggy. The guards are standing near them, but Gan Fall tells them to sit down too. Mantis then gives them all food because the Clowns are in the middle of lunch.

The guards are wary of the food, but Gan Fall just eats it without any alertness. It surprises the guards, but he calms them down again and tells them to just eat. They eat the food like him too and get hypnotized by the food, so they start to devour it as if they haven't eaten for days.

After lunch, Buggy finally talks with Gan Fall. Cricket also joins the talk while the rest of the crew are walking around the City of Gold again. They are still amazed by this place and want to see every detail here.

"Old man, do you want to stop the war with Shandians?" asks Buggy.

"Of course. It's my number one wish. This war has taken a lot of lives from both sides for 400 years. If I can stop this endless war, then I will do it," says Gan Fall.

"Do you want me to help you?" asks Buggy.

Gan Fall gets surprised and asks back, "Can you help me?"

"I won't offer this if I can't. Well, what I can help with is increasing your chance to make peace with Shandians. You still need to convince your people by yourself," says Buggy.

"No problem. I can always talk with my people, but it is very hard and almost impossible to talk with the Shandians. If you can help me with that, then I will give you anything that I can provide," says Gan Fall.

"Alright, that's a deal then. Now, can you tell me where the Shandians live now?" asks Buggy.

Gan Fall nods and then tells Buggy where the Shandians live. They live on a cloud island quite far from Upper Yard and Angel Island. It's easy to go there, but it's very hard to enter the island because the Shandians guard it very tightly.

"Still, I never thought that this is Shandora, the city that the Shandians have been searching for. It is right below the palace and has been covered by the cloud all this time. How could you find it?" asks Gan Fall.

"No, how couldn't you find it? 400 years aren't a short time and none of you even think of investigating below the cloud?" asks Buggy.

"We-well, we were too focused on defending the Upper Yard from Shandians," says Gan Fall.

"Defending it for what? I don't see any change in Upper Yard since 5 years ago. What's your real purpose for Upper Yard that you people are fighting for 400 years? Don't you guys value the Vearth because it's better for growing plants than the clouds? Then why didn't I see any farm in this place and only see hundreds of years old plants? What benefit that your people have felt from having Upper Yard? Is it worth your effort and sacrifices in this 400 years war? By leaving Upper Yard like this, aren't you wasting everything that you've done?" asks Buggy.

"T-That's...," Gan Fall is unable to say anything.

"Think about that with your people old man. You can't develop Upper Yard because you are always in constant worry of being attacked. If you just make peace with Shandians and manage this place together, then you'll prosper for sure. Let them think if this war is really worth it. Will their lives turn better by winning the war or by making peace with Shandians," says Buggy.

After some more talks, Gan Fall leaves the Clowns with many things in his mind. Buggy let the old man think about it with his people. This is their problem and Buggy is just giving some advice.

"Alright, get ready! We will meet the Shandians," says Buggy to his crew.
______________________________________________________________
You can read up to 35+ chapters ahead of this fanfic novel & the other one on my Pa_treon page if you are interested.

Clicking that power stone/like also seem to be a good choice, hehe.

I've uploaded:
1. Chapter 201 of Fairy Tail: Sun Eater
2. Chapter 212 of Transcended as Lord Buggy

https://www.pa_treon.com/CaptMermain
(the web didn't use _underscore_, it's to avoid censorship)