Chapter 12

3rd POV

"got it? I am a god! You are trash! First off, get that right into you skulls!! Screw it in there!!" Uzui began telling them all about how he was a "god" of festivities. "oh boy" Murai said under his breath as he rolled his eyes.

"the wisteria house is on the way to the flower district. Well get prepared there. Follow me" Uzui said as the three boys followed him and Murai. "this should be fun" and in the blink of an eye Uzui and Murai were far from sight.

~~~~~

Once they got to the wisteria house Uzui instructed them to get the materials he needed to properly infiltrate the red light district.

"once we infiltrate the red light district we first have t o look for my wife. Ill be looking around for information on the demon as well" Uzui said calmly.

"THIS IS UNBELIVABLE!!" Zenitsu shouted as he ruined the calm mood of the room. "huuh!" Uzui turned towards him now pissed off again. "here we go again" Murai said as the two began to bicker.

"how have you been Murai?" Tanjiro asked as Inosuke continued to eat. "huh? Oh Im good what about you".

The two began to have there own little conversation while Uzui and Zenitsu began to bicker. "HERE ARE THE LETTER SHE SENT ME, and Murai, VIA CROW" Uzui threw the letters at us.

"there sure are a lot. Has your wife been in there for a long time?" just as Murai was about to answer his question Uzui cut in.

"I have three wives" he said plainly as Zenitsu carried on even more. "THREE! WIVES.. TH-THREE! YOU BASTARD! WHY DO YOU HAVE THREE WIVES! CUT THE CRAP OUT!! MURAI YOU LIVE WITH HIM IS THIS THE THRUTH!" Zenitsu shouted right before Uzui punched him in the stomach.

"any other complaints?" Uzuis tone was menacing as we all looked away.

Uzui then explained what houses they were going to infiltrate and who his wives were. "aren't your wives dead already" Inosuke said as Murai and Tanjiro cringed, while Uzui punched him in the stomach making him fall on top of Zenitsu.

"we brought the necessary items over". The people said as Uzui thanked them with Inosuke and Zenitsu unconscious on the floor.

~~~~~

The yoshiwara red light district. The night district where the lust and charms of men and women swirl in a storm of love and hate. The red light district is called the flower district because, as the name implies, this part of the city is shaped like a flower. The prostitutes living here were either lining in poverty or sold out doe to loans. They bear a lot of hard ships. But in exchange they are granted the necessities of life. If they can make their way up as prostitutes, they could potentially become part of a wealthy household be getting bought out. The most prominent among them, the oiran, are completely different all together. They are special women who have acquired everything: beauty, education, performance. You simply cant meet a high ranking oiran, to gain an audience with them men have to frequently visit the red light district, as if were competing with each other.

Murai POV

We were currently walking through the red light district, Uzui and I as simple men here to get these three 'girls' hired. "hey! Why isnt Murai dressed up!" Zenitsu gritted his teeth in anger. "well-", "he gets special treatment" Uzui cut me off.

"What! Why!" Zenitsu screamed. "keep it down! He gets special treatment because hes my Tsuguko, and because I only need three of you to infiltrate the houses" Uzui said plainly as Zenitsu grumbled.

~~~~~~

"oh dear me" the lady said as she looked at the three girls we presented. "these are some ugly girls".

'I told Uzui we didnt do it right' I face palmed. Uzuis wives never looked like this when they wore their make up.

"not at our place. We just brought a new girl in a few days ago, so im sorry" the man said before the woman piped up and said that theyd take the middle girl in, and so Tanjiro, or should I say Sumiko, was hired.

~~~~~~

"you guys are so worthless. I can only sell you guys for cheap.". Uzui crossed his arms in annoyance. "well maybe if you put their makeup on better youd be able to sell them for more!" I said as I annoyed about how Uzui didn't listen when he did their make up.

"Im not going to talk to you" Zenitsu said as him and Uzui bickered again

~~~~~~~

Soon enough as we were watching the oiran parade a lady went and bought Inosuke right off the streets, and that was how 'Inoko' was hired. No wall that was left was sleeping beauty. Zenitsu.

~~~~~~

Zenitsu was finally able to be hired all thanks to his ability to plat the shamisen, now it was time to put the rest of the plan in action.

Inosuke, Zenitsu and Tanjiros jobs were to infiltrate the houses that Uzuis wives were in while I would periodically check in on them.

First up was the 'tokito house' which Tanjiro was infiltrating.

"psst! Hey Tanjiro!" I said in a whisper as I looked for Tanjiro. I was able to hear from some girls that Tanjiro was working hard that he was near the oirans room. "Tanjiro" I said as I walked over to him. "oh Murai. What are you doing here".

"Uzui and I have been spying on you guys, I should be spying on you from outside, but that was boring" I said as scratched the back of my head. "Murai, you could get caught, what if" Tanjiro was cut of as another voice was heard.

I quickly and quietly made my escape as Tanjiro and the lady spoke.

Next was the 'ogimoto house' which was Inosukes district.

Soon enough I found him, running through the halls? I stealthily followed him without being seen by anyone in the house.

It was quite funny watching Inosuke run around. He jumped down stairs and he even ended up punching a man!

Soon enough I found him in his room, "Inosuke what was that" I said as he entered. "it was here! That damn demon! I lost sight of it!" he said angrily as he sat down.

"so you saw it" Uzui-sama should be happy with this news. "yes! But it was so hard to sense the god damn thing!" he said as I went to report to Uzui.

~~~~~~

"so he saw the demon?" Uzui asked as we sat on the roof of the kyougoku house that Zenitsu was infiltrating.

"well- no- but he said "sensed it" or some shit like that" I explained. "hmm. Very well go check on Zenitsu then we can look for and inn or head back to the wisteria house" he said as he stood up and vanished from sight.

When I had sight of Zenitsu, I had noticed that the oiran of the house was a demon, and Zenitsu had just happened to piss them off. Soon enough the oiran had knocked Zenitsu unconscious.

'you cant help him youll blow the mission Murai! Just go report back to Uzui-sama'.