Chapter 18

"hold on. What the hell just happened. The poison's gone".

~~~~~~

"I think Nezuko removed it by using her blood demon technique to burn it out. But I don't really know" Tanjiro explained as we hugged Uzui. "your wounds are still there, so please don't move anymore. I'm glad you're all safe".

"is that even possible Im so confused. No wait you shouldn't move either or you'll die." Uzui said as his wives continued to swarm him. "yeah you should rest too Tanjiro".

"I have to go look for the demon heads. I can't be at ease until I confirm that they're there myself" Tanjiro said before he and Nezuko started to trot of again.

~~~~~~

"Uzui-sama are you ok" I said as I sat next to him. "I should be fine although I can't see out of my left eye and my left hand was completely cut off, so I don't think I'll be able to continue after this".

"what! No, you're the strongest person I know, apart from Himejima-san, but still!" I shouted at him angrily. He cant retire.

"hmm. I see. Hmm" I turned my head to see who it was, only to see a slithering snake. "great its snake boy" I said sarcastically.

"shut up" he glared at me before turning his attention back to Uzui. "six. The weakest upper moon. The six thing aside, you beat an upper moon. We should actually be celebrating. The six thing aside. I should praise you or something." He said as he stared at us blankly.

"no, I don't really need you praise"

"THAT'S RIGHT!!". "yeah so get lost!". "you're pretty late". "y-y-you're so late! Were you actually coming!? You're so late!!". We yelled at him at his snake hissed at us.

"what were you thinking, loosing your left arm and left eye" he pointed towards Uzui. "well he couldn't quite help it could he".

"tch. Even if this was just a fight against upper moon six, at best. How long will it take for you to recover? Who'll take your place while doing that?"

"yeah" I said as I turned towards him.

"I'm retiring, man. I just can't fight anymore. Oyakata-sama will probably allow me to do so as well. And for who will be taking my place, due to corps rules, if a hashira retires or dies in battle".

"if they have a Tsuguko, their Tsuguko will take their place as hashira" I finished for him, as I just stared into empty space, not believing what he said.

"well, screw that. I won't allow you. You can't leave us with this pile of crap" he gestured to me. "he's right you can't! I'm to weak to become a hashira! I won't allow you to retire! Obanai was right, I was to weak at the moment. I don't deserve that title.

"right now, too many youngsters are dying off without showing any signs of growth, this boy won't last a day as a Hashira. And there are already vacant pillar spots thanks to Rengoku dying. Having you in the shape you're in is a lot better than loosing you. Fight to the death". I didn't like it that he was insulting me but he was right.

"he's right Uzui, you can't retire" I stood up as I clenched my haori.

"oh no, the young ones are definitely growing, well, that boy you absolutely despise is growing. And Murai, you'll do just fine" Uzui looked at me while Obanai looked surprised by the fact that Tanjiro had survived this battle.

"whoa, you're kidding. He survived? This fight? Kamado Tanjiro?"

~time skip~

I didn't have to do rehabilitation training for as long as the others seeing as Hex had helped me heal faster than expected. Due to Uzui retiring, I became the new sound hashira, and I can tell that not many of the other pillars like me, well, certainly not Obanai-san and Shinazugawa-san.

*sigh* it was quite boring with out Uzui around. Mission's became more of a chore than usual, normally Uzui would make them out to be these awesome adventures and they were. When Uzui was around. *sigh*.

"if you're tired Murai, you could join me to the swordsmith village" I turned around to find none other than the love hashira. Mitsuri Kanroji. "oh Kanroji-san, what did you say?".

"hehe, I said, would you like t join me to the swordsmith village. They have a hot spring that has healing capabilities" she said as she smiled and pushed her boobs together. "uhh- y-yeah s-sure, that's sounds nice" I said as I turned away.

"yay!"

~~~~~~

The way to the village was hidden so we had to wear blind folds and earplugs. Every few hours a kakushi would hand us off to the next person and they would walk from there. I would thank them every time they would hand me off but I would keep it short and simple.

~~~~~~

Soon enough we made it to the village. "thanks" I said as I bowed, "yeah thank you!".

"come on Murai! We have to greet the chief before we can do anything!" she grabbed my arm and dragged me to a large house.

"hello there. I am the chief of this village, Tecchikawahara Tecchin. I may be the smallest in the village but I am amazing at my craft. Now, please, bow your heads so that it touches the mat" the small man said as we bowed our heads.

"thank you for having us, it's a pleasure to meat you".