chapter 28 - HASHIRA TRAINING ARC

"Please, Inform us, Kanroji-sama, Tokitou-sama, Naoyasu-sama" Amane bowed at them once again.

"O-OKAY!! SO LIKE BACK THEN MY BODY WAS LIKE, SUPER LIGHT. AND UHHHHH, IT WAS LIKE BADAAAM! AND DUUURRR AND BUDAAH! THEN MY HEART WENT BADUM BASUM, AND ME EARS WENT SCREEEEE! AND TINKLE TANKLE TOO!!" Mitsuri gave her explanation whilst we all deadpanned at her. "I am so sorry. I will go hide in a tiny hole now".

"I wasn't aware of any marks. But looking back on the previous battle, I became very aware of a number of things were different. If you fulfil these conditions, then maybe everyone can get these marks".

~~~

"I couldn't move during the previous battle because I got poisoned. I was using my breath to try and delay the poison from circulating through my bloodstream. But a boy who tried to save me nearly lost his life, and my old memories came back. Then I got so angry that I lost complete control of my emotions. I think my heart rate went over 200BPM and my body became burning hot. I think my body temperature went over 39 degrees" Muichiro explained.

"but can you move in that condition? That would have been life-threatening"

"well, that's why I think it can be used as a screening test. Will you die or will you not?"

"that's the whole point. The mark will only appear....when you about to die....it defies all odds, and gives you the strength to push forward" Murai gave his opinion despite the deathly glares he got from Sanemi and Iguro.

~~~

          ~time skip~Tanjiro POV~

"A special session began. It was called Hashira training. those who ranked lower than pillars trained with them one by one. Usually the Hashira would only train their Tsuguko and no one else and that was because the pillars were busy.

Hashira's had many things to do, like protecting their assigned regions, gathering information on the demons, and improving their own swordsman ship.

But ever since Nezuko conquered the sun.....the demons suddenly stopped appearing. It was like the calm before the storm. And because of that, the Hashira only had to focus on night patrol and day training now.

Apparently" Zenitsu explained

"oh, I see! Amazing" it truly was amazing, from what Murai had told me, being trained by the hashira was a great honor.

"no its not. Its horrible. Its living hell. Who thought of this crap? That piece of shit should die."

"Hey! The secret trick to getting better is partnering up with people who are stronger that you! Confronting the strong will make you use your breaths and make you even stronger!" no matter what I said though his answer was always the same.

Despite Zenitsu's constant complaining he still continued to do the training and soon enough I was also ready to get back on my feet and start training as well

~~~

"SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW! THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING!? I GOT NO CLUE YOUR STAMINA'S LOW AS HELL!! THIS IS JUST BASIC RUNNING MAN. IF YOUR GONNA BE THIS SLOW, BEATING AN UPPER MOON'S GONNA BE A DREAM WITHING A DREAM OK!? HEY HEY HEY, I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO LICK THE GROUND. ITS NOT BREAK TIME YET, SO GO FOR ANOTHER ROUND!"

Hashira Training

Trial one:

Former Hashira Uzui Tengen

Hashira training. First, Uzui does the initial hazing via basic stamina training, after that Murai Naoyasu, helps with stealth and staying hidden. Then Kanroji Mitsuri handles the hellish flexibility training, and Tokitou Muichiro deals with the quick movement training. Then the snake Hashira focuses on swords skill revision. The wind hashira handles the infinite pounding training, and the rock Hashira trains muscle reinforcement.

Even the hashira get to improve by facing waves upon waves upon waves of swordsmen. If anyone's heart rate and temperature get high enough for the mark to appear, then everyone wins.

Those who already have the mark will train so they can continuously stay in the 'marked state'. Once every member of the demon slayer corpse received this information, they all became motivated to prepare for the upcoming fight.

All except one man.

~~~

Tanjiro finally recovered and was able to start the hashira training. "Oh Man! Its been a while! I heard you fought another upper moon. I gotta say, the only people who are in tip top shape around here are the lucky ones. So lemme just whip that lunky body of yours back to good condition." Uzui yelled out as he saw Tanjiro run by

~~~

In just ten day of training Tanjiro was able to head off to the next place to train.

"good luck Kamado! Oh and say "hi" to Murai for me, I've been sending letters but he hasn't replied" Uzui shouted as he disappeared behind the hill.

'what? Why hasn't Murai replied? Come to think of it, he hasn't replied to me either! I hope he's ok'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi everyone, if you are enjoying this story please consider voting for this book and possibly following me 

Thank you :)