Chapter 23

"what do you mean 'in control'?" I carefully asked as I stood my ground. Hex may need me but he's still a demon, so I have to keep my guard up.

"I mean exactly what I said. You. Were so reckless that you almost! Almost, got yourself killed. So I, took control of your body-"

"How!" I cut him off. "if you had let me finish! As I was saying. normally I cannot take control of your body because you are constantly fighting me, but because you're still a bit weak from that previous fight, I had a small window and I was able to take control. You have to be more careful Murai, wouldn't want anyone getting hurt, now would we". He said with a sinister smile.

~Tanjiro POV~

"STOP RUNNING THE FUCK AWAY!!"

'oh yeah. That fan demon attacked us and knocked us out cold!! Looks like Nezuko gained consciousness first.' I look around to try and find Murai, but the demon named karaku attacked us.

"Dammit! You're too slow Karaku!! JUST BLOW THE DAMN BUILLDING AWAY!!" I heard one of the demons shout. "That was the plan! No need to tell me".

"Tanjiro" I jumped by surprise to find that Murai, or hex?, was right next to me. "Come on!" he yelled quickly as the building was blown to pieces.

'THINK!! THINK!! THINK OF AN EFFECTIVE WAY TO ATTACK THE ENEMY! A WAY THAT WON'T LET THEM RECOVER' I Thought as I tried to pull my sword from Nezuko's grip. 'Shit!! The rubble!!'.

"Nezuko Don't worry. I won't abandon you. Let go of my sword! I'll just get rid of all the rubble. So don't do this, Nezuko! Your fingers are getting cut!! Stop it Nezuko!!" all of a sudden Nezuko's blood demon art activated and my sword went from black to a bright crimson red sword.

'the sword's burning from her blood. And the colors changing! It's turning red! Her bursting demon blood art is making it...A BLOOD BURST SWORD'.

~Murai POV~

"Hex! This doesn't make sense how am I constantly fighting you off!" I yelled as I continued to walk in a straight line.

"I don't know, but that doesn't matter, but very soon there will be a hashira here to help with the fight" "NO!" "Yes! And when they arrive, hehe, they'll finally see what you are" he laughed as he looked at me with a smile that gave me chills.

"Hex! No! please, give me back control! Now!" I tried to take back control but it wasn't working. "the one who controls the body becomes stronger" he said as he slowly disappeared.

"HEX!"

~~~~~

My eyes shot open as sat up gasping for air. "Tanjiro? N-Nezuko?" I looked around in hopes of finding them yet instead I was met with a completely demolished building. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M ALIVE!

i'll tell you what guys never go hiking. this three day hike that i did while i was away, fucking killed me.

thats all toodles :)