Chapter 1 - FINAL SELECTION ARC

Murai POV

Its been about a year since Uzui started training me. Thanks to Himejima I was able to learn how to control my chains better in a fight, he taught me how to use them for defence, to capture demons and he taught me how to use them for attacking demons. Uzui has also been training me and so far Ive mastered 3 out of 5 of the sound breathing forms.

After a while of training with Himejima he introduced me to this boy he took in, his name was Genya Shinizugawa. At first he was really grumpy and was almost always angry, but he warmed up to me.

"Hey Genya-kun" I said as Uzui and I made our way over to Himejima's training area. "tch looser" he aid before he walked off. 'heh cute. But yeah he was defiantly warming up to me'.

Genya and I have been training together for a while now and every time we fight each other I always win. Yet today was different. "I WONT LOOSE TODAY MURAI! YOUR GOING DOWN" Genya yelled as he fired bullets at me. They werent lethal but they still hurt.

"you sure about that pretty boy" I said as I glided tree to tree with my chains. "COME DOWN AND FIGHT ME! OR ARE YOU JUST. TO. CHICKEN." He had a sinister look on his face. He was playing me and I played right along.

"CHICKEN!" I threw my chains at him in hopes of wrapping them around him, but much to my dismay, they missed.

Genya POV

"CHICKEN!" just as he said that he stopped jumping and threw his chains at me, luckily they missed and I was able to doge. But at the last second Murai changed his stance and kneed me in the stomach.

I couldnt dwell on the pain too much as I could already hear Murai toss his chains to the side and unsheathe his swords. They were similar to Uzui-sans but a tad bit smaller.

3rd POV

As the two boys unsheathed their swords the hashira were more curious than ever. Their fights had normally finished by now, but by the looks of things the boys were progressing faster than they thought they would.

The sound of metal clashing with metal was all that could be heard on the mountain. How long had they been at this for now? Both boys were doubled over in exhaustion but neither would give in, they both wanted to win badly.

They stared into each others eyes waiting for one of them to make the next move.

.. *clap clap*

They were broken out of their trance as Uzuis claps filled the air. "bravo, absolutely magnificent. You two are truly outstanding" Uzui said as he walked over to the two. "Murai even though you can only use three out of the five breathing techniques in sound breathing I have decided you are far more capable than attending final selection this year!"

Murai POV

'yes finally, I can go to final selection, finally Ill be a real demon slayer' I was ecstatic. "heh only three out of five techniques, pfft" Genya covered his mouth as he tried to hold back a laugh. Key word being tried. "HEY AT LEAST I CAN USE BREAHTING TECHNIQUES!" as soon as I said that I knew it was a mistake, I was just really excited and I didnt want him raining on my parade.

"what did you say" he said as a deathly aura surrounded him. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" I ran as fast as I could. I just said something that struck Genya at his core 'its amazing hes not shooting me' just as I thought that gun shots could be heard.

"KYAAAA! UZUI-SAN HELP MEEEE!" I screamed as I climbed up a tree, yet when I looked over at him he was walking away. "come on Murai we must celebrate!" he said with his back still turned from me. "ahh wait for me" just before I lost sight of Genya and Himejima I waved to them in case it was the last time I might ever see them.

Genya POV

'tch, idiot'. "Genya, I have also decided to send you to final selection" Himejima said. 'yes finally, Im one step closer to becoming a hashira'.

~time skip to final selection~

Murai POV

To say I was excited was an understatement. 'finally I can become and actual demon slayer'. I was practically jumping out of my geta. "stop jumping your getting weird looks idiot" Genya said as we continued to walk through the crowd.

"well sorry, Im just excited thats all" I said emphasizing the R in sorry. "what?" I said to Genya as he just gave me a horrified look. "how the hell ae you excited, arent you worried you might, I dunno, DIE!" Genya yelled in my face as he grabbed my haori.

"uhh first no I couldnt really care less, and second. can you keep your voice down people are giving your weird looks" I said as I gave him a sly smile and walked away. "WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT!"

Just as the last few people arrived to girls came and explained what would happen in this SEVEN day period. 'Uzui only told me to take food for 3-4 days!'

       Taisho Secrets

Uzui thought it would be funny to send Murai to final selection with barely enough food for 7 days, but when his wives found out they scolded him for being so childish and then told him "what is he dies from starvation" Or "he wont be able concentrate because he's hungry". And for the first time ever since he took Murai in Uzui actually worried for the boy for the entire seven days.