Chapter 13

Tanjiro POV

"like Im saying, theres a demon at my place!" Inosuke shouted as we sat on top of a roof awaiting Murai and Uzui to come and update us on the mission. "this is what it was like Im sure!" Inosuke waved his arms around.

"well. Yeah, well uhh.. just hold up a bit." I said as I couldnt quite make out what he was trying to do. LIKE THIS CAN YOU TELL IF I DO THIS! Inosuke said wiggling his fingers.

"I think Uzui-san, Murai and Zenitsu will come here for our regular meat up" I said while Inosuke continued to ramble on about he demon.

"Zenitsus Not coming." Uzui said as he came out of nowhere. "What do you mean by Zenitsu isnt coming?" maybe something bad happened to Zenitsu.

"we put you guys in terrible danger" Murai said alerting his presence behind us. "The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error. Zenitsus where abouts are currently Unknown. He has stopped contacting me last night" Uzui said with disappointment in his voice.

"when I went to check on Zenitsu a few days ago, he had come across the demon and got hurt" Murai said as he clenched his hands in anger.

"you two get out of here now. Your ranks are way too low. If the demon here is an upper moon, you cant deal with them. I will regard people who have stopped sending me letters as dead. From here on I will move on my own" Uzui said as he got up. "wait does that mean-" Murai looked at him with desperation as Uzui just sighed and said "Murai, you are my Tsuguko, I will not leave you, but I would like you to keep an eye on these two" Uzui said as he got ready to leave.

"NO, UZUI-SAN! WW!!" I shouted but it was no use. "dont be ashamed. Winners stay alive. Dont mess this opportunity" he looked back at us before he left.

"Maybe he didnt believe us because were the members of the lowest class.." I said as I looked down in disappointment.

Murai POV

"Maybe he didnt believe us because were the members of the lowest class.." Tanjiro said as he looked down in disappointment.

'the lowest rank?! They cant be. Uzui said otherwise'. Inosuke then went on to explain that they were at the Kanoe rank. 'hah! I knew it'.

"show us our ranks!" Inosuke said as he clenched his fist to reveal the word Kanoe. "wasnt your hand itchy at the wisteria mountains?".

"pfft dont tell me you didnt notice" I said as I held back a laugh. "well- I remember feeling an itch, but I was tired I didnt know about this.." Tanjiro said while I looked out into the distance.

Uzui said that we mustnt cry over those we have lost, so although its sad that I will most likely never see those three again, I mustnt cry though instead I will get my revenge.

"I believe Zenitsu and all three of Uzui-sans wives are alive and I will act with that in mind. Ill save them for sure. I want you to act with that in mind as well, Inosuke. And dont die under any circumstances." Tanjiro finished with a determined face.

"Tanjiro. Thank you" I said before I turned and left.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N - sorry for the short chapter but now that school holidays have started I will probs be able to publish chapters more often, hope you guys have a good day :P