Chapter 3 - FIRST MISSION ARC/NATAGUMO MOUNTAIN ARC

Murai POV

Uzui and I have been going on missions for a while now and Ive made my way up to rank Tsuchinoto already. A lot of the missions I went on were really boring, the demons never really put up a fight, which was boring. Ive been writing to Genya in my free time but he never replies never the less I still write to him.

"Murai!" Uzui called out to me. "yeah" I said as a lazily walked over to where he was. "you will accompany Shinobu and Gyuu on a mission, Kanao will also be joining you".

*sigh* 'this will most likely gonna be like any other mission-' "there was rumoured to be one of the twelve kizuki lurking in those woods" I perked up. "well why didnt you say so!" I ran to grab my chains and swords as I dashed out of Uzuis estate to catch up with the other hashira.

~time skip~

Here it was, Natagumo Mountain. 'EEEEEEEEEE! IM SO EXCITED'. "come on" Gyuu said as he ventured into the forest. "ara~ ara~. You must really want to get this over with Gyuu, you dont have anyone waiting for you so Im not sure as to why your in such a rush" Shinobu spoke with a smile yet you could tell she just being mean.

I looked over to Kanao to see if she was gonna do something, but instead she flipped a coin and did nothing. 'this is gonna be looooong mission'.

~~~~~

Shinobu went to scope out the area to see if there were demon slayer in need of any help, while Kanao and I were to follow Gyuu. We followed him through the forest until we came across, a kid with a boar head?

The boar head boy was fighting this huge monster thing. Im pretty sure it was a demon, it looked like a weird mutated spider to be honest. 'gross'. "you two stay here Ill deal with this" Gyuu said as he sped up towards the demon.

"man, why does he get all the fun" no fair Ive been waiting for a mission like this and he gets to have all the fun. I looked to my side to see Kanao still with a blank look on her face. But I guess I cant blame her being sold and all at such a young age. I get it.

'youre a monster! You dont deserve to see the light of day!' constantly as a kid I was being chained up and beat on a daily basis. People would say things like 'youre a monster' or 'no wonder your mother abandoned you'.

"Kanao why dont you go back to Shinobu I got this" Gyuu said while she flipped a coin. Hai she said as she went to find Shinobu.

"Hey! You in the two toned jacket! Fight me!" the boar boy yelled. "Ill give you fight boar boy!" finally some fun. "WHO YOU CALLING BOAR BOY! IM HASHIBIRA INOSUKE! DONT YOU FORGET IT".

"MURAI NAOYASU!" I yelled up at him as Gyuu tied him up. "come on we need to move" he said with a blank face. "aww cmon! the mission was just getting excited" I whined.

"Hey! Wait! GRAAH!". 'wait wait wait, why the hell was Gyuu carrying around rope?' I gave Gyuu a suspicious look while he said "someone who doesnt even know the extent of his own injuries has no place in battle".

"sooooo. We just gonna leav-"

"yes" he interrupted.

~time skip to the Rui battle~

Lower moon five. 'yes finally some action'. "you did well to hold on until I got here" Gyuu said as he defended Tanjiro. "leave the rest to me". 'leave the rest to me. Oh come on, I wanted some action'. "hey Tanjiro" I said as I sat down in front of him. 'hes protecting a demon!' I decided to stay quiet, because I cant just attack him especially in this state 'it would be an unfair fight'.

"-Murai?" Tanjiro seamed to be in a lot of pain, 'its amazing he held out this long'. "huh?". I gripped my chains as lower moons five body was walking towards us. Yet when it fell Tanjirocomforted it?

"dont waste pity on a demon that ate dozens of people" Gyuu said as he stood on the demons clothes. "even if he looks like a child. It was a horrible monster that lived for hundreds of years"

I got up. 'Tanjiro is too kind hearted for this world'. "In order to soothe the spirits of those it killed, and to make sure it claims no further victimsI will swing my blade and lop of the head of any demon without mercy! But I will not belittle those who regret their actions, and suffer over the things they did as demons". To say I was shocked was an understatement. Tanjiro may be to kind for this world but when he has a goal in mind he sticks to it.

"u-uh Murai, what are you doing" I hadnt even noticed I was patting his head until he asked. "oh uhh, sorry, guess it was a habit I picked up from a friend".

Just then Shinobu attacked Tanjiro. 'she was aiming for the demon Tanjiro was protecting, and Gyuu protected it to!'. "I trust you Tanjiro so please dont make me regret this" I said as I got my chains out.

"hmm? Why did you block me, Tomioka? And Murai what do you think you are doing, you yourself said theres no getting along with demons. So what are you doing, both of you" she said as she gave me a side glance.

"now, both of you move". Why is she always smiling, 'its creepy'. "why did you say everyone hates me?"

'god how dense can you be I shook my head, I need to focus, who knows when Shinobu could attack again. "oh dearI guess you never realized that people hated you. Sorry. I shouldnt have said anything. My apologies". "Apology my ass" I said under my breath. This is just how Shinobu acts, she likes to get under Gyuus skin but hes to dense to retaliate.

"Boy" Gyuu stood there dumbfounded as Shinobu directed her attention to tanjiro. "yes?!". "youre lying on top of a demon. Thats dangerous so get out of the way and".

"NO! YOUVE GOT IT ALL WRONG! WELL.. NOT WRONG BUT.. UMM.. SHES MY LITTLE SISTER AND.." he shouted over the top of her. "Damn Tanjiro, cut off the hashira why dont you". He just looked at me as if he didnt know what a hashira was. 'dont tell me he doesnt know what a hashira is!'.

"oh! Thats so sad. In that case Ill use a gentle poison to kill her"

To Be Continued~