Chapter 6 - REHABILITATION TRAINING ARC

Murai POV

"W-what do you want!". 'shit common dont stutter this is just the action youve been looking for! Dont show any fear!'. Right now, in front of me stood the one and only uppermoon three, the third highest rank of the twelve kizuki.

"you have a strong fighting spirit! I like it!" he said as he gave me a weird smile. "make sure you dont die ok, Im looking forward to a good fight. Murai~" and in the blink of an eye he was gone. 'why did he say my name like that? More importantly how did he know my name? why didnt he attack me?' as questions raced through my mind I collapsed to the floor.

"what the hell was that?!"

~time skip next day~

"-rai, Murai!" Genya yelled as he snapped me out of my thoughts. "huh? Oh yeah sure" I said as we continued to walk through the butterfly estate. Genya huffed at my spaceyness. "youve been acting strange ever since I got back. What happened".

I debated on telling him or not and in the end I decided to tell him, but keep the fact that it was upper moon three a secret. "well I was taking a stroll last night and I came across a demon, but it was like a wake up call to me. It was like someone was telling me to stop fooling around and wake up to reality. It was the first time I had actually felt fear since.". 'do I really want to think about that again'.

"since-" Genya urged me to continue. "nah you dont wanna here that" I said looking down, "but you know it was like a wake up call-, oh hey Tanjiro" I said as I waved to him while Genya just pushed past him.

"hey Murai, do you know him? He was at final selection but I never got his name" Tanjiro said as he watched Genya walk away.

"yeah sorry thats, Genya and yeah were friends, we trained together a lot before final selection, anyway I better go, enjoy rehabilitation training!" I waved as I raced after Genya

"hey!, whyd you leave me back there" I said as I finally caught back up to Genya. "that idiot was the one who broke my arm"

"who? Tanjiro? Aww come on your not still upset about that now are you. God Genya, your fine now right?" I said as slung my arm over his shoulder.

~time skip because Im lazy~

I was currently watching Tanjiro go through rehab training. He was trying really hard while his friends watched by the door.

"what you guys doing" I said as I snuck up behind them. "KYAAAA!" the yellow haired boy shouted as he hid behind the boar boy.

"oh, hey Zenitsu, hey Inosuke!" Tanjiro said as he waved his hand while Aoi gave them a death stare. Before I knew it they were gone. "hm? Anyway hey Tanjiro hows rehab going" I asked as I walked over to him.

"its going fine but he needs to get back to it so come on Tanjiro!" Aoi shouted as she marched away. "oh ok, can I join you guys?"

"sure but why, shouldnt you be going on missions with the sound hashira?" Tanjiro asked as we followed Aoi. "nah, apparently Im grounded or something, because I protected your sister and so I cant go on missions for a while"

"o-oh. Sorry about that" Tanjiro looked down. "hey its fine, it was my choice anyway"

"alright Murai, your allowed to join us on one condition!" Aoi said as she turned to me. "yeah sure what is it?" Murai said. "you have to go on a date with me"

..

It was silent for a while. Aoi and I havent broken eye contact since she spoke last. 'it was gonna happen eventually Murai' I thought as I mentally prepared myself for what I was about to say.

"Im gay."

.

"oh. I see, thats fine, I support you" she said as she turned back around to walk. "wait really!" I said in disbelief. "yeah, I mean thats why I asked you the question, because you know, Genya and you seemed pretty close if you know what I mean" she gave me a sly smirk.

"wah!? Its not like that I swear!?". 'god this is not happening, Genya and I just friends. Just friends?'.

"yeah its ok Murai" I completely forgot that Tanjiro was here. "whatever can we just drop it and get the training on!"

~que the montage~

3rd POV

Zenitsu and Inosuke finally came around and started rehabilitation Training with Tanjiro and Murai. At first it was hard but eventually they got it.

'it couldnt have been that hard if Murai was able to do it'. Thats was what Zenitsu and Inosuke had thought. But they were proven wrong when the trio decided to go against Murai all at once, and in the end Murai came out victorious.

Soon enough they were able to burst the gourds and were back to there normal selves. They trained hard and regained there strength and soon enough they were ready to head off on a mission.

~time skip~

Murai POV

As Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke continued training I headed back for Uzuis home. It wasnt a long walk so I got there rather quickly, yet when I arrived I was greeted by Rengoku the flame hashira.

"Rengoku-san, what a surprise" I said with a rather confused look. "ahh Yes!, Its good to see you Murai! I came here to ask Uzui if you could join me on a mission of mine, but he declined!" Rengoku said with a smile.

"he did, did he" I said clenching my jaw in anger and annoyance. "would you excuse me for a moment? Dont go anywhere" I raced back in side to look for Uzui.

"UZUI!" I screamed as I leapt at him. "please! Please! Please~ let me go with Rengoku-san!" I pleaded as I clung to him. "ugh! no, no, and No!" he shouted as he dropped me on the floor.

"Please!" I said giving him puppy dog eyes. ".". 'hes contemplating it!'. "I promise I wont protect anymore demons. I do all the chores when I return. I wont ever bother you again. Ill- Ill do anything you want!" I said as I clung to his robes.

*sigh* "Fine! But if you make one more slip up!" he threatened. "I wont let you down master!" I said as I saluted him and ran out the door to find Rengoku. "Rengoku-san, Uzui-sama changed his mind, can I still go with you?" I asked with pleading eyes.

"yes! Let us go then!" he said as we left for his mission.