Mika Gets an Idea

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV

It was the next day after the team had found out about Julie's powers and got rid of Lil' Dynomite.

He got away with his jet boots and declared vengeance on Captain Man.

Just another enemy to add to his list.

The team was currently in the class room trying to test out Julie's new found abilities. "Let's get start" Ray says. "O-okay, cool" Julie says nervously as she jumps off chapa's desk. "So since you can use a force field and multiply things, Julie, let's see you in action" Ray says.

Julie looks back at chapa with a nervous look on her face. Chapa winks and mouthed "You got this" before giving her girlfriend a soft smile. Julie nods, confidently as she walks up to her father. "Which power do you want to try out first" Ray asked Julie.

"Replication" Juliana says, knowing that's the power she wants the most control over.

Ray nods and Schowz came in the room from the storage closet with a table. Julie looks down at the three items that were on the table. There was a plastic cup filled with water, a hammer, and a cookie. "It's your pick" Ray says. Jules nods and decided to duplicate the cookie first, it seemed the easiest.

The team watched closely as Juliana eyes flickered from brown to blue.

She sighed and she touched the cookie causing it to shimmer in a light blue color before multiplying itself, making two cookies appear on the table.

"Sweet, literally" Miles and Chapa said together.

"Cool" Bose smiled. "It's whatever" Mika says, unimpressed as she props her feet up on her desk and got on her phone. "Next one" Ray says as he nudge his daughter playfully. "Okay" Juliana slightly smiled at her success and moved over towards the cup.

This one was a bit difficult for Julie since her nervousness kicked back in and made her panic a bit.

Juliana bites down on her lip and tried again.

Mika noticed this and decided to speak up. "She probably doesn't really have powers, and yesterday's performance was just a illusion" Mika sassed. "Shut up, Mika and watch" Chapa hissed as she threw a paper ball at the back of her head. "Whatever" Mika scoffed.

Juliana let's herself relax and regain her focus.

The cup starts to shimmer in a light blue color and shakes, almost tipping over.

"Boo" Mika giggled as she did a light scream causing the cup to spill the water on Julie's new shoes.

"Gross" Juliana groans as she felt her socks getting wet. "Are you serious" Chapa groaned. "Let's go" Chapa hissed in a whisper as she gets up, grabs mika's hand and they both walked up the stairs to the man's nest. Jules sighed as she removed her shoes and socks, now barefooted.

Juliana didn't let Mika get into her head and she continued to use her powers on different objects that Ray gave her.

Mika sat in the booth and chapa stood on the opposite side of it.

"So, what's this about" Mika asked acting oblivious. Chapa rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Look, I get that you and Julie aren't seeing eye to eye recently" Chapa says. "Yeah, why is that" Mika rolled her eyes.

"Mika, I'm being serious, besides me being in a relationship with Juliana, what's your problem with her" Chapa asked.

Mika stayed silent and looked down.

"She's taking you away from me" Mika mumbled. "What" Chapa pulled her eyebrows together. Mika looks up at chapa with teary eyes and chapa gulped. She wasn't good with handling sad emotions, she was barely good with her own.

"She's taking you away from me, and you don't seem to notice that!" Mika hissed.

"I mean I've been trying to get your attention for a whole week and all you thought about was her" She cried. "Mika, I was worried about her, I would've done the same for you" Chapa says. "That's not all" Mika says.

"You've been distant from me-".

"-Because you're always trying to pick a fight".

"You haven't been texting or calling me-".

"-I don't have a phone".

"Anything else" Chapa questions with an eye roll. Mika huffs and crossed her arms over her chest. "Mika...listen, you know that care about you, right" Chapa asked. Mika looks up and gives her a sad look. "Y-yeah...but do you love me" Mika sniffled. Chapa chews on her lip before speaking.

"Of course I do...but not in the way that you want me to" Chapa stated.

"I guess I can accept that" Mika says as she wipes her tears away and gets out of the booth.

Mika hugged Chapa and she hugs back. Normally Mika knew better than to mess with Chapa's personal pace but Chapa let this slide, seeing as her friend needed her. "I'm sorry if I hurt you...those weren't my intentions, Mika" Chapa says. Mika nods into her chest and sniffles.

"It's okay" Mika lied.

Chapa rubs her back giving Mika slight comfort. "Chapa..." Mika asked. Chapa hums. "Would things be different between us if she wasn't here" Mika questions. Chapa lets out a sigh as she didn't want to hurt her friend even more than she probably already did.

"That's the thing, M, I can't see my life without her" Chapa says truthfully. Mika simply hummed and chews on the inside of her cheek, causing it to bleed. Mika thoughts ran wild.

Why couldn't you say things like that when we were together, Chapa?

What made Juliana so important than me, to the point where she has you wrapped around her finger?!

What made you love her more than me, Chapa?

If Juliana wasn't around, things would be completely different between Mika and Chapa. Maybe Mika was being selfish and stubborn but she hated the thought of Julie having Chapa's love all to herself to the point where there was none for her.

She wanted Chapa to herself and she would do anything to get it.

"Mika, you okay" Chapa asked as she let's go of their embrace. Mika plastered on a fake smile and nods.
Chapa nods and gave her friend a soft smile. It went silent and chapa was about to head back down stairs until mika stops her. "I'll try-" Mika says.

Chapa gave her a confused look.

"I'll try to be Julie's friend or whatever...anything to make you happy" Mika says with a smile.

"Seriously" Chapa's eyes lit up in happiness and a bit of shock as she didn't expect Mika to say that. "Yeah" Mika nods. Chapa smiled and softly punched Mika's shoulder. "Love you, M" She says.

"I love you too" Mika says.

Chapa bites her lip with a happy expression on her face and went to go join the rest of team and her girlfriend downstairs. Mika chuckled as she found herself getting an idea.

"Juliana Manchester, you'll never see this coming" Mika thought before heading downstairs.