Almond Milk

CHAPA'S POV

CHAPA'S POV

"Chapa, she's not coming. Let's just go inside before the show starts" Mika says getting annoyed.

"M, just go inside. I'll be there in a second" I rolled my eyes. "Fine" Mika huffs before going back inside the restaurant. I was waiting outside of hiphop purée for Julie. Yeah, I know she technically didn't say she was coming but she didn't say wasn't coming either.

I was really hoping that she would come and at least try to get out of her room.

Did I overstep?

I just wanted to know if she was okay, what was the problem with that?

It feels like I did something wrong!

Maybe she just hates me in gener-.

My thoughts got cut off by Miles grabbing my wrist. "Yo, what the he-" I started but he cuts me off.
"I can't let you just stand out here looking all sad, it's cold out here... Just come inside, Chapa" Miles says he gave me a soft smile. I looked out into the distance and there was no sign of Juliana.

She's not coming.

"Fine, whatever! Let go of my wrist" I stated.

Miles eyes lit up as a slight smile formed on his lips and he let's go of my wrist. We both walked in and sat down at the table where Bose and Mika were sitting. "What song do you guys think they're going to play first?" Miles asked.

"Oh! I hope it's Almond Milk" Bose hoped.

"They're not gonna play Almond Milk first, that's their closer" Mika stated. "That's true" Bose nodded. Miles grabs my attention by tapping on my shoulder. "Hmm?" I raised my eyebrows. Miles tilted his head towards the door with a smile on his face motioning me to look.

I looked over towards the door and smiled. Julie scrunch her nose up at me with a slight smile before walking up to Miles giving him a side hug. "Hey, Chapa" Jules says as she waves and sits in the free chair next to me. I just smiled not really knowing what to say. "Hey Mika" Jules waves.

"Hey" Mika says as if she didn't care. "Julie!" Bose beamed before getting up to go hugged her. Julie smiles and hugs back. Bose went to go sit back down and Juliana pulled her chair closer to the table. The rest of the team started to have their own conversation while me and Juliana were having ours.

"Sorry about being late. Dad was acting weird" Juliana said.

"It's fine... I'm just glad you're here" I said in all honesty. Julie bites her bottom lip and look down. "Chapa, I'm sorry about earlier too" Julie apologize. Just as I was about to talk, Court and Courtney rung their bell meaning they're about to start.

"Don't worry about it" I said with a slight smile.

She nods and I slowly reached for her hand. Once I grabbed it and she looks at me in confused. "Sorry, uh I- sorry..." I apologized before I pulled my hand away. Juliana chuckles and grabs my hand again.

"Relax, you're fine" Julie whispered once she noticed Courtney getting her guitar ready.

My cheeks got hot and the nervousness went away.

"Almonnnnnd Milk-" Court and Courtney started to sing. "Whoa!" We all cheered. "There's never gonna find a kind of milk" They both continued to sing. "What the hecks are you guys doing here?" Schowz asked as he came up to us. "Havin' a little purée, and enjoying the Almond Milk song" Miles answered.

"But it's Ray's big movie night" Schowz says.

"Uh, oh" Me and Julie said together.

"Didn't he tell you?" Schowz asked. "He said big night, but I thought he was talking about this concert" Mika says as we all nod in agreement. "Hey guys. We're up here pouring our hearts and souls out about various nut milk" Court stated. "All we ask is sixty-six dollars a ticket and complete and utter silence" She continued.

"That sound good" Court asked.

We all nodded.

"So sorry" I mouthed.

"Sound good to me, Court" Courtney says with a smile. "You can drink it in a latte" They both sung. "You can drink it by the ocean with your dad" They continued.

Just as we were starting to get back into the concert, Schowz came back.

"Why are you guys not leaving?" He asked.

"Ray is going to be so ticked off if you guys go all ghostie on him" Schowz says. "Court and Courtney are only going to be here tonight I'm not going to miss Almond Milk" Bose says. "Almond milk feeds my soul" Julie said. "And I'm not leaving" I added.

"It's funny because you're missing Almond Milk right now" Courtney says.

"I- I'm sorry, we're just going through some stuff" I explained.

I turned back to the crew before talking. "There's no way I'm leaving" I stated. We all started to argue. "Okay, so I'm a bit disappointed that you guys aren't leaving yet" Courtney says.

"So my beautiful wife and I have a special song just for you..." Court added. "Really? A song just for us" Mika beams. "There's no way I'm leaving now" Bose says. "It's called..." Court says as she drifts off her sentence.

"Shut your mouths!" They sung.

It was awesome!

━━━━━━

We were leaving hip hop purée since the concert was now over. Miles, Bose, and Mika were ahead of me and Julie. "Chapa" Juliana stops me. "Huh?" I questioned before turning to face her. Julie took some deep breath's before speaking.

"Look... I- I know that what I did was wrong. I mean you didn't deserve to be yelled at and that's on me" Julie says. "I mean you were only trying to help and check up on me but I uh..." Julie sighed. "I just pushed you away instead because I couldn't handle the fact that I've been overwhelmed and I'm sorry".

I sighed and grabbed her hand before rubbing it with my thumb.

"You're fine, Julie. You don't have to apologize" I said.

"I get it, you're going through some things and you're not ready to talk about it and that's perfectly fine. I was just worried about you, that's all" I explained.

Juliana smiled at me and we locked eyes.

"You can talk to me about anything, Jules. I'm here for you even if you think I'm not" I stated. Juliana pulled her eyebrows together and her eyes got glossy while she started to chew on her lip as if she was debating on speaking or not. "GUYS, COME ON" Miles says from a distance once he realizes we aren't walking with them.

"ONE SECOND" I yelled before turning back to Julie.

"Jules..." I asked, seeing her lost in her thoughts. "Ye- yeah" June sniffled. "I-" I wanted to say something but seeing the look on her face, I knew she just wanted to go home. "Let's get you home, Babe" I said while wrapping my arm around her shoulder.

She gives me a soft hum before intertwining our hands together.

We caught up with the rest of the crew before actually heading to our homes.