Chapter 35

*****Jessica's POV*****

"What are you doing here, Ian?" He pulled me close to him and bending his head down that our faces are inch apart. "Let go of me!" I tried so hard but he's too strong. I am no match for him.

Ian held my chin up "Bryce is dead, Jessica. Dead. Bryce. Is. Dead." and a laughter came out from his lips while mine was trembling and tears falling from eyes.

"Jess, forget about Bryce. I'm here. I love you with all my heart that made me killed Bryce." Ian said while caressing my face.

"You're the worst person ever! I wish you dead! Dead! Dead! Dead! I'll never ever be yours!" I screamed right in his face. Tears falling like a water fall and my knees gone weak. I almost fell on the floor if not Ian held me. I punched him as hard as I can but didn't even moved his face. Guess I'm too weak.

Just when the doors opened, I ran as fast as I could and took the stairs. I took my car keys from Zac since my car is just parked here in the hotel. I haven't drive since the lost of Bryce. Bryce is not dead. Not dead. He can't leave me like that.

I saw my gas tank full and hit the road. Wiping my tears off my face over and over again. Stupid tears! Why won't you stop?!?!

I was over the speed limit but no cops running after me and I thank God for that. I drove so far away that I didn't know where I am. I've been driving for so long but I'm not gonna stop. I drove even further that I had no gas. I am nowhere. No gas, no more battery and no food. Im in a middle of road where there are a lot of trees. It's really dark and I got no flashlight. I can hear the winds blowing the trees. God, this is scary. I can also hear some sea waves. I guess I'm also near the sea. But I can't see it.

I just kept on walking straight with the moon's light when a truck pulled over.

"Hey, miss wanna have a ride?" A guy with the thickest beard and mustache winked at me.

"No, thank you." I tried to smiled at him but he got off his truck and forced me to get inside. He tried to drag me but he can't. I don't know what to do when he carried me like I'm just a weightless sack. I hit his back hard but it has no effect. I screamed so hard and just in time another truck pulled off. An old woman and man got off from their truck. The old man has a shotgun and aiming to hit the hairy guy carrying me.
I feel the guy shaking and put me on the ground slowly. He hurriedly went back to his truck and shoot off.

The old woman hugged me and I hugged her back. I miss my parents now, especially my mom. She soothed my back but I don't know what to feel. All I know is I'm fine now.

"What are you doing here, darling?" The old woman asked.

"I.. I.." I stuttered.

"Hon, let the girl have some rest. Let's all go." The old man nodded to us and I too nodded back. Leaving my gas free car. I just took my bag with me.

We arrived in a big cabin. It's really nice like many people lived here. It looked so cozy and peaceful.

"Darling, let's get some dinner and so you can rest and we'll talk about why you are here." The old woman smiled and I smiled back at her.

Our dinner was nice. Mrs. Thompson baked some mac & cheese. And we had some fresh fruit and vegetable salads. I can't believe Mr. Thompson is a funny man. I told them everything and Mrs. cried while her husband comforting her. I'm so jealous with them. They got each other while I'm all alone.

"Don't worry, Jessica. You'll soon find Brycce. You will find him. No dead body? So, it means he's alive." Mr. Thompson gave me an assuring smile and it did gave me hope.

Mrs. Thompson gave me some clothes to change. My room is just beside theirs and I wonder why there are many rooms.

"Mrs. Thompson, why there are 8 extra rooms?" I can't help but asked.

"We have 9 children. 5 boys and 4 girls. Many children." Mrs. Thompson giggled and that made me chuckle.

"We have a healthy sex life." She giggled again and I laughed at this time. I can't believe even she's in her early 60's she still giggles and it's good. Makes her look younger and of course feel younger.

"Hon, stop disturbing Jessica and stop telling about our sex life!" I can feel that the way Mr. Thompson saying, he's smiling.

"Okay, hon! Night, Darling. We'll have your car fueled first thing in the morning but that doesn't mean you cannot stay here any longer." She kissed my forehead and went out of my room.

For the longest time, I had the best sleep. I think it's just so peaceful. No one's bothering. No phone and my charger is in my luggage which I left at the hotel. No internet. Nothing.

I woke up with a small smile in my face and of course a little hope. I know someday I'll find Bryce and we'll both live like Mr. and Mrs. Thompson.

I went out of my room and have breakfast with them. This time it was Mr. Thompson who cooked our breakfast. Ham and egg with some toast.

"Coffe, darling?" Mrs. Thompson offered.

"No, Thank you. Can I have hot chocolate if it's okay?"

"Sure. Of course you can." Mrs. Thompson replied and they both smiled.

I enjoyed the breakfast very much. Had a great sleep and breakfast.

"Oh, Jess. We are going to our coffee shop. You can go with us if you want or you can stay here." Mr. Thompson said.

"I wanna go to your coffee shop. I don't wanna be alone here." I smiled.

We all went together to the coffee shop. Their coffee shop is huge and it's just a few meters away from the beach.

Everyone is very busy in the coffee shop. There are only two employees. The cashier and the waiter. Both of them are multitasking.

"Where are the others?" Mr. Thompson asked, annoyed.

"The 5 of them called sick, emergency and some personal family problems." The cashier said hurriedly and went back to the customers. Mr. Thompson made a very loud sigh.

"I could help out." I said. I just wana help them since they're in need of it and they're so good to me."

"Thank you, Jess! We badly need your help!" and I saw a small smile on Mr. Thompson's face.

"You see that guy in white T-shirt? He's a loyal customer. Kindly read the menu for him." The cashier handed me the menu. That was weird. Why read it for him?

I can see the guy's back. He's wearing white T-shirt, jean shorts, cute beach hat that made me smile a little since it has some small shells sticked to it, and a pair of slippers. I went to his side his head bent down and also wearing a cute pink Rayban sunglasses. That outfit of him makes me really wanna smile.

"Good morning, sir! I wa---" I wasn't able to finished my words and he stood up still his head bent down. And walked his way to the door bumping other people until he fell on the ground. His face hit the ground. Ouch. That hurts. I came running to him. All the people at the coffee shop looking at him.

"Are you ok--" I can't finish my words when he got on his feet. His hat fell off from his head and his sunglasses broken.

"Bryce, darling! What's wrong with you? Are you okay?!" Mrs. Thompson came rushing to his side like he is her baby.

I froze on my feet. I don't know what to do. I don't know what to feel. I'm happy that he's alive but why? Why did he left? Does he remember me? Does he even loves me? All the questions bombarding my head.

"Jess, are you okay? Why are you crying?" Mr. Thompson snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Bryce..." was all I said and his mouth dropped.

###### Hello guys!!!! Here's an update I hope you like it. I know I don't deserve any of your likes but still I just wanna thank all my readers! I love you all! XOXO ######