Chapter 21: The feeling

Jeff's POV:

I lept from tree to tree, landing like a cat on every branch and twig, I heard a rustle from behind me and froze, landing gently on the ground and darted into a bush. I peered into the dark and gloomy forest, nothing.

Shrugging, I continued on my way, sprinting a little more till I reached the very edge of the forest, my eyes darted forward and my ear pricked up, some girls were stumbling up the street, laughing and shouting madly, one girl was clearly more dazed than the others,

"And you know what I said!" she yelled, her blond hair falling all over her face as she walked, the other girls just chuckled,

"Get a life!" they laughed,

It was clear what had happened to them, they were drunk, very drunk. I peered up and round the street and notice a cheap and run down looking bar, I smiled.  

The girls giggled up the street and one of them, the drunkest of the three girls fell into a dark ally and they all followed.  I seized my chance and walked coolly out of the forest, hood held high over my head and my hands in my pocket, feeling the cold, smooth blade of my knife glide gently over my fingers and I felt a small sharp pain. I stopped and pulled my hand out from my pocket to see a thin and clean cut had been made, tiny trickles of blood leaked from the wound.

If I were human, this would hurt a lot but I was a demon so I didn't feel pain in the same why they did, all the blood and pain seemed to do was remind me of a constant nag at the back of my head, the feeling.

The feeling was the little voice that you now you really should ignore but in my case, this was much different, my feeling seemed to be reactive, my feeling was the course of many others like me, killers like me, most of which had been girls and I sometimes feared for Myai. That's why whenever the feeling rose inside me; I always did the one thing that seemed to calm it down, kill. I did this to protect Myai and her very sanity, the one thing that truly defines her as pure, human.

I smiled widely and continued the hunt, I walked in and stood in the ally entrance and saw the blonde headed girl crouched behind a bin, throwing up, the most sober of the girl rubbing her back as she wretched.

"Are you ok?" I smirked trying to sound concerned, they looked up,

"Well hello baby!" the other brown haired drunky said, I tilled my head to the side,

"Who are you?!" the sober red head yelled, she would defiantly be the most trickiest,

"Honestly Tess, you might want to keep a lid on it" she muttered helping the blonde to her feet and she wretched again.

"Are you tired?" I asked,

"What?!" she yelled with a little panic now present in her voice,

"Answer!" I yelled getting slightly irritated,

"Well yes" the red hair looked around,

"Then why don't you go to sleep"

"What!? In the trash!" the brown haired one yelled,

"Pitty, this really is terrible place to end isn't it?" I smiled putting my head slightly higher for them to see my smile, they froze in shock,

"Wh..." the red hair stuttered but I sprang forwards and placed a hand over her mouth and pulled out the knife.

"Go.To.Sleep" I yelled and I flung the knife deep into her side, she tried to scream but couldn't, in desperation she bit me.

"Ah" I wailed and through her the floor, she started to crawl away clutching her bleeding side as the knife was ripped from her ribs.

The girls ran but I was one step ahead and with one quick slash they collapsed to the ground dead, the look of pure shock on their faces. The last girl shook with fear and as I came for her she screamed. The whole street woke with a start as the horrible sounds of screams and cracks could be heard echoing out the ally.

It all fell silent as I stood back and looked at my handy work and smiled back at their new and improved faces, there smiles beaming at me.

I nodded, ran up the wall, onto the roof tops and lept back into the safety on the trees, and still soaked in blood.

I crouched in a bush as police rounded on the murder scene and my foot stood on something, it was a note in hand writing in knew only from her,

It said...

'Come get her Jeffy, your love it waiting!'

My heart sank.