Chapter 3: Who are you?

You would have thought that I would have the day off school after almost being murder and grandfathers shoulder being sliced in two but no, I was forced to go anyway. I got no sleep that night, not because of the killer but the police kept questioning us all night. Turns out only a handful of people had survived the killer and they needed to know what he looked like and all that jazz.

After hours of explaining and analysing they finally went but still had some officers guiding the house and I guessed they would be there for servile days encase the killer came back.

"MYIA!" I heard a voice call. Suddenly Jo leapt out of nowhere, closely followed by Sam.

"Jesus Christ Jo, I'm still very jumpy from last night!" I gasped.

"Sorry, I guess these stories are really rubbing off on me" she giggled.

"So were you really attacked by the murderer last night, did you see who it was and was it someone from one of the stories then?" Sam interrogated.

"Slow down Sam I can't answer all those questions, besides we're at school now and I really don't want everyone to know I was almost killed last night!"

"Yes, well about that..." Jo pointed to the crowd of people by the school entrance.

"There she is" someone in the crowd yelled and everyone in the mob turned to face me.

"How did they find out?" As I turned round to face Jo.  

"Myia think about it, when there are police outside your house till the break of dawn and still be there in the morning it's pretty obvious people are going to find out" she giggled,

"Plus Myia you didn't tell us you were attacked last night" Sam inquired.

Just as I was going to answer the bell rang for form and everyone piled through the school into their classrooms. I was one of the last in as always and the morning went as normal as ever. The bell went for break and I and my friends went out into the playground, me with an apple in one hand and my laptop in the other. Jo also had her laptop and Sam had his in his bag.

We sat down on a nearby bench away for everyone else and like always we went on the creepy stories website. Sam and Jo looked at the laughing jack story while I looked for the new story but to no luck.

"Where is it?" I muttered angrily.

"Where's what?" Jo said back to me.

"Nothing" as I closed the website and shut down my computer.

 "Better hurry up and eat that apple Myia" Sam reminded,

 "Bells going in 2 minutes"

 "Oh thanks" as I took a bite out of the apple.

 "So what's next them? Art or Maths"

 "Nether, English"

 "Damn" I said as I bit down into the apple again.   .

  The bell went and we all walked up the stairs to English. I liked my English Teacher and that wasn't my problem it's just, are subject was horror stories and we were reading these creepy stories.

As we all walked in there was already a story on the board, the smile-dog story.

My friends and I sat right at the back of the room on a table only met for three people so nobody could sit by us.

It was right by a window and I spent most of the lesson looking out of it.

"Morning children" the teacher said

"Good morning Miss Sweet" we all replied

"Now, let's get on with the register!" she sat down at her desk and started the register, reading name after name until it was done.

After the register, she picked someone to read the story and chose Matt, a boy not much younger than me.

Matt started to read and like always I looked out of the window, listening to all the words that flooded through my ears then something in one of the bushes catch my eye. I looked closer and saw a husky looking directly at me. The description of smile-dog and this dog matched and set me shivering.

"Hey Myia, you ok, you see something out there" Sam nudged me and broke my shiver.

"Yes I'm fine" I turned to face Sam that looked back at the board. I swung my head back to look out the window and saw that the husky had gone. I set it aside and thought it was just my mind playing tricks on me.

The rest of the day went fine with no sighting of that dog or the killer.

The bell went for the end of the day and I decided to walk home alone after my family said not to. Silence filled the air and after a hard day at school I needed it. The air was clear and it was a nice warm day with not a cloud in the sky. Then that silence was broke by a trig snapping and the black and white husky for earlier jumped out of the bushes.

"No, not you!" I said nervously. I started to move backwards and fell into someone's chest. I looked up slowly to see the killer from last night. I jumped back startled and bumped into the dog that was barking and growling.

The dog jumped on top of me and pinned me!

"Please no stop!" I yelled.

"Smile get off boy!" said the boy calmly. 

"We aren't here to hurt her"

At that moment the dog got of me and trotted over to the boy's side.

"Sit and show you're a good dog"

The dog sat down straight away and rubbed his head agents his leg.

"Good smile" he got down and rugged his back as his leg started to twitch.

I let out a giggle.

"Cute, isn't he" the boy said

"His name is Smile"

"Yes he is" I said still a little unsure.

"So why are you here?" I asked

"Myia, you should already know the answer to that one"

"Ok...hey how do you know my name?"

"Oh I know a lot about you, like you have a dog that is 2 years old and that your mother has a terrible fear of spiders ...oh also...sorry about your grandfather, I couldn't help myself" It sounded like he didn't say sorry much at all.

"How did you...Why did you..." I stuttered.

"Who are you?" I finally said.

"I'm Jeff," he said with a cool, sly tone. He had a really cute grin on his face.

 Before I could say anymore he and Smile were gone.

Then I felt myself get hotter; my heart was racing at a thousand miles an hour, I pulled out a mirror from my bag to find my checks red as a rose. "Why do I feel like this?"

"Could it be...no way, how could I feel that way towards the person who had tried to kill me?"