Chapter 6:Help me!

We all missed the next two lessons because Jo would not stop shaking and Sam was trying to decide whether he believed her or not. The police had been called in and were making sure we were alright, the investigators went through are bags and computer history, are families were also in to and I kept getting the feeling Jeff was nearby. Even with the feeling of a killer watching you and with the story I just read, I still loved him. He and I are just perfect for each other but what if my family found out, it will break their hearts.

I sat there for I while next to my mother thinking if I should tell them about Jeff or not but eventually decided to not tell and bottle it up inside me, I already lied to him once and I wasn’t planning on getting him thrown in a mental hospital, that would really make him hate me.

Just then the police came in with are laptops and passed them back to us.

“Ok, there histories have been cleared and the website has been permanently blocked, it would take a mastermind to unblock it” an investigator said looking strangely at me.

“And what of are bags” Sam asked.

“Right, your bags were clear except for yours Myia!” he pointed at me. My bag came through the door and then the police officer held up something that made my teachers, friends and family all gasp.

“Care to tell us where this came from?”

The police was holding up Jeff’s bagged and bloody knife!

“We’ve been looking for that, the police were going to take it away this morning,” my mum answered.

“So why would you have it?” the investigator questioned.

“Well I…I was just going to…” I stuttered

“Yes” the investigator lent in to listen to my answer.

“Come on Myia think, why would you have Jeff’s Knife” I argued with myself.

“Well, I’m waiting”

“I was going to dispose of it; all you would get from it would be my finger prints and my grandfather’s blood and maybe other people’s blood”

The investigator whispered something to the nearest police officer, he nodded and walked out, and he came back a few minutes later with some files. 

“Myai, you know you can’t dispose of a bagged and bloody knife just by throwing it in the bin, the Killer could easily come back for it”

“I was going to throw it in the river and watch it sink below the water line”

“I don’t ever want to be reminded of that dreadful day”

I looked straight at his eyes and made myself cry, yes I can fake cry and the only two people that know I can do it, are my two best friends.

We stared at each other for what felt like forever.

“Fine, you’re clear but I’m taking this knife with me”

I was about to say something but thought better of it and replaced it with,

“Then can I get some fresh air and some time to process what’s going on right now, alone” he nodded and I walked out the door.

I started to walk on to the school field, sticking close to the tree line, listening to the bird tweeting and chirping and suddenly it all went silent. I stopped in my tracks and felt a cold hand round my neck.