Chapter 5: Jeff the Killer

The next day came and I was up since 7:00 finding something worth wearing. Hair, nice and bouncy but still didn’t cover my pale skin with foundation because that was one of the things he liked about me. Noticing the time I ran down stairs, grabbed some cereal from the cupboard poured on some milk and ate it as fast as I could.

“Special occasion” a voice called from the stairs, it was my mother.

“You are seeing a boy, aren’t you?” she enquired giving me a grin. 

“No, I just thought that it would be nice to go early that’s all” I denied,

“Ok but if you do see someone please don’t be embarrassed to tell your old mother” she pulled me in for a hug

“I know mum” as I unhooked myself from her, finished my cereal and left for school but before I left I noticed Jeff’s knife sitting in a bag on the counter. I grabbed it and shoved it in my bag before my mother noticed and walked swiftly out the door and down the road.

I walk slowly along the path, waiting for Jeff.                                      

“You’re looking fine today” a sly voice said.

It was Jeff; he was perched in a tree just above me.

He raised his head from under his hood; he had that really cute smile on his face that made me blush. He jumped down by my side and held my hand.

“Where’s smile?”

“SMILE!” he called then whistled and the husky can bounding out of the bushes and started licking my legs.

“Hey boy” as I bent down to rug his neck.

“MYIA” Jos voice called

“Jo” I said before turning back at Jeff to find he was gone, smile too.

“Who were you talking to?” she said puzzled, Tom was standing by her.

“Yeah, we heard someone shut and then we heard you talk to someone” he added.

“Wait a minute, you look different today…No are you seeing someone?” Jo giggled,

“Finally you found your true love, who is he?”

“No, he’s just a friend,” I answered,

“Fine, when can we meet him Myia?”

“What no, you can’t meet him”

“What is it someone we won’t like?” Sam said in a funny tune.

“No, it’s that I think you’ll like him too much”

“Fine, in time then but we will meet him if you like it or not”

“Oh and before we forget, we have something to show you at break”

“Ok” I said as we arrived at school just in time for the bell. I was purposely the last to go in as a said loudly.

“Jeff, if your there, meet me at the bottom of the school field at lunchtime, ok!” and with that I walked in.

Time skip

The bell went for break as we all exited maths as fast as we could.

“Myia, over here, we want to show you this thing now!” Sam called. Sam had his laptop, open on a bench.

“Look at this”

I looked over at his laptop, it had the creepy stories website on it.

“Guys, I’ve already read all the stories on that…”

“No you haven’t” he said excitedly

He scolds down to find that new story that I had seen on my grandfather’s computer.

“I’m reading it” he said and was about to click on it when I stopped him.

“What the hell Myia?”

I remembered what Jeff had said about the stories but then what was the chance it was a story about him.

“Ok but be careful”

“Careful of what!” he said turning back at his computer and clicked on the story. The story took some time to load but eventually it did and an image was the first thing to appear. I was shocked at what I read!

Jeff’s point of view-

I was sat on top of the school building with smile just throwing a stick back and forth for him when ‘the feeling’ shot through me like lightning.

“I guess it’s that time already” I said to smile. He walked up to me and nuzzled me hard in the side.

“You to”

“Fine, lets pick one”

I got up and started to walk unseen along the rooftops, feeding my eyes through the many people running and shouting down below. Then my eyes are drawn to three people at a bench, looking dazed at a computer. I know instantly know what you were looking at and decided that they would be my next victims. I reached into my pocket to get my knife when I realised, I left it at Myia’s house after that night.

“Slendy will not be happy with me”

Then one of the girls turned to face me and it was one of Myai’s friends, Jo I think.

She them screamed and I bolted out of there with smile close behind me. They didn’t follow me.

“Myai lied to me and now she knows what happens to people when they lie to Jeff the Killer”

Myai’s point of view-

Jo had just screamed from behind us, she was pointing and shacking like a leaf. A teacher came rushing out and several children stopped running and shouting to see if everything was all right.

“Everything alright” the teacher said anxiously

“TURN IT OFF!” she screamed, Sam quickly closed the website.

“What’s wrong?” he said nervously,

“The murderer, I saw him. White hoody and all”

“What, the one from the story” Sam said anxiously

I know she wasn’t lying, it was Jeff and he know that I had broken are promise and after what I just read, I was scared!