Chapter 8: The Park

I woke up from a long nap, half expecting Jeff to be there I opened the curtains.

Nothing.

Jeff wasn’t there which I thought was strange, he never likes to leave me alone for very long, well maybe he’s still deciding whether he likes me or not.

I opened the window and lent out, the evening breeze was cool and refreshing and I decided to go on a little walk maybe check out the park or something.

I pulled on a set of loose fitting clothes and shoes. I then walked into the bathroom and lined my eyes with some black eye liner, then put on some mascara.

Down stair was quiet and peaceful, the TV was the only sound.

“Mum, just going for a walk”

“Is that really wise” a voice called from behind me, it was my brother and cousin, Danny and Emit.

“Sis, you’ve been acting very strange latterly, are you hiding something?”

“No, I’m just going through a rough time”

“You say that but are you really”

“Look, I wish I could tell you but these nothing to tell, now I’ll be back soon, ok I’ll be fine” and with that I opened the door and left.

Time skip

The park was just like any other park with slides and swings. Red, yellow and amber leaves littered the ground and the sky was now a deep shade of pink, purple and blue. A squirrel rustled in the foliage but didn’t go into the forest, nothing at all, not even birds went in. The long twisted trees cast menacing shadows on the ground and a chilling wind seemed to leak out of the darkness.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” a voice said, it sounded like Jeff but as a turned around I saw it wasn’t, I think.

This boy had brown messy hair and very tanned skin; he had deep ocean blue eyes and a small cute smile. He was wearing a black short sleeved top with a white broken heart on it, black trousers and trainers.

“Nothing I’m just…looking for something”

“Like what”

“Something”

I was really looking for the ring of water that had been left by that ghostly boy; I needed to know if that was real or not, I needed to know if I was really losing it or if they really were here.

Then something on the pavement caught my eye, a small grey object. I wouldn’t have notice it if it wasn’t for a golden leaf dance over it and land softly beside and as I walked up to it I saw the big water ring with a game cartage in the centre.

I began to bend down and out stretched my arm went the brown headed boy yelled,

“Don’t touch that, you’ll regret it!”

I gave him a look and grabbed the game, yes I did regret it. 

I immediately couldn’t breathe, striking pains ripped through my chest and intensified every time I went to take a breath. I tried to let go of the game but I couldn’t, then I felt like I was underwater being held down, I kicked and flayed but it was no use. Everything began to get hazy and light, my vision became cloudy and then black.

You shouldn’t have done that…HEE. HEE!”

I woke up in the arms of the brown headed boy, I sat up and he told me want happened. The game was no longer in my hand but his. He said the game don’t have any effect on him because they are one of the same and that’s when it snapped.

The game, the ghostly children and this boy that had a striking resemblance to Jeff and even the playground and woods clicked into place.

“Is my appearance really that different to you” the boy said sadly.

“Jeff, is that you?”

“Yes well I go by my real name of Jeffrey Woods in this form” he smiled.

“Fine Jeffrey Woods, how on earth…is this want you looked like before the fire accident”

“Yes, this is my Human form”