A new member joins the family

It was a few nights after Percy began to work with Batman and Robin. She sat in the Batcave while the other two were out on Patrol.

The caped crusaders parted ways and covered different areas of the City to work more efficiently. Around two in the morning Batman made his way back to the Batmobile to pick up Robin and head back home.

As he arrived at the car the vigilante saw something that surprised him greatly. A boy with black hair and greyish-blue eyes was stealing the tires of the Batmobile. He had already taken off three of them as the Bat decided to step in.

With a heavy thud he landed on the ground behind the boy. "Get away from the car." The boy spun around and jumped slightly. "I didn't take them." He responded which, of course, was a mistake. The dark knight looked like he didn't believe what was just said. The boy began to run away, and Batman followed.

After a quite some time of casing the boy finally was in a dead end. "Why are you even following me? The tires lay right beside your car." The boy exclaimed as he attacked Batman.

Bruce had to admit, the boy was brave. Even though it was clear he would lose against the caped crusader, he wouldn't go down without a fight. The bat dodged the fist that came towards him without attacking on his own. Sometimes a punch hit its destination on Batman.

An Idea struck his head. Bruce noticed for quite some time now, that Dick began to disobey more and more. The young vigilante begins to become someone of his own, but in the role as Batman's partner he can't become the person he'd able to. Maybe if Bruce shows him that he has someone that is by his side while he fights, Dick will admit it out loud and move on with the complete support of his adoptive father.

Which he got long ago. And won't feel obliged to stick by Bruce's side.

Just as Batman was about to say something a voice from his com interrupted them. "Dad, where are you? Your tracker went off and I can't see you over cameras. Robin makes his way home by himself. But he has a few minor injuries. Oracle out."

The female voice sounded familiar to Jason, who heard what was just said. The vigilante replied immediately. "Just a minor interruption. I'll be back soon. Put on your mask when you see me. I'll have aguest with me." A confused grunt was heard but the girl agreed nothing less.

Jason was irritated on what the man in front of him had in mind. It soundedlike he had planned something, but the boy couldn't tell what. "You can throw some strong punches. With some training you could be able to beat me."

A small smirk played around the corners of the man's mouth.

Jason's eyes grew wide as he decrypted what Batman just suggested. "You want to train me?" The man just nodded his head slightly.

A spark lit up in the eyes of the boy as he imagined himself becoming the boy wonder. He eagerly shook his head before the bat led him back towards the Batmobile.

Jason noticed the tires were still off as they arrived, so he quickly readjusted them. Batman blindfolded him before they drove off. As the Batmobile entered the Batcave Percy put on one of Dicks spare masks like Bruce told her.

The doors opened and a boy with black hair jumped out behind Batman. His blindfold was removed, and Percy nearly screamed. Beside her father stood Jason, a boy she considers her brother. She couldn't think of a reason to why he would have been brought to the cave. "Batman, why is he here?" She asked him intrigued to why her father thought it would be a good idea to bring a stranger, even though she knew him.

Percy still threatened Dicks wounds while she listened. "Oracle, Robin, this is Jason Todd, I've had my eyes on him for quite some time now. I considered to eventually take him in so I can train him more efficiently. Today he showed he would make a good addition to us. Plus, I saw that he was very skilled. He managed to take off three tires of the Batmobile and was about to get the fourth as I arrived. The alarm didn't go off what in itself is a great feat. Maybe he will be able to help Robin and me to fight more efficiently."