The princess of Atlantis is to be feared whenever she puts heels on

It was another normal day in the mountain. Miss M baked some cookies, Artemis and Wally argued while the redhead and Robin played videogames, Superboy sat on the couch, Kaldur sat on another couch reading some book.

Riptide wasn't there due to some 'family problems' (Read: grounded because Bruce noticed her going missing without any trace. But she snuck out either way and went to visit Atlantis.)

Until they were called to the mission room. "Aqualad. Aquaman called me earlier to inform you, that you will have to be the bodyguard of the princess on the meeting of the representatives tonight."

Kaldur groaned. Perfect, now the princess will be especially happy after she gets to know about it. He thought. "Thanks for the notification. I will make my way to the palace soon." The Atlantean answered politely.

Batman then turned to the rest and informed them. "And for you, you will wait in the background and help Aqualad if he needs help. You won't just protect the princess; you will watch the representatives and protect them if needed."

The dark knight walked out dramatically, leaving the team behind to get ready and talk. "So, will somebody get stabbed by a high heel again?" Robin asked amused towards Kaldur.

"Only if the princess is in a bad mood a forced to wear a dress. If she is in a good mood, most probably not." The blonde answered unamused.

The mention of the princess gathered some curious glances. "Why is there even a princess. I thought Aquaman don't has a child. And what can you tell us about her?" Artemis asked her leader.

"Well, the princess is the sister of my king even though he and my queen see her much more as a daughter. For what I can tell you about her? I only can tell you that she can wield heels as a weapon.
I'm afraid she forbids me to share information's about her without asking her for permission. But wish me luck. I will get in contact with you again once I arrive on the conference."

With this he turned around and left through the Zeta tubes. The rest of the team got ready and boarded the Bioship.

~~~~~🌌~~~~~🌌~~~~~🌌~~~~~🌌~~~~~🌌~~~~~

In Atlantis, Kaldur just arrived to hear yelling. Mostly Percy at the king, but occasionally the man also yelled something.

As the boy reached the door, the guard in front of it gave him a look of pity.

It was one of those who witnessed the 'show' after the one gala. Kaldur nodded towards him and opened the door.

Orin had a dress and heels in his hand while begging towards Percy. "Please Percy. I need you to go. Today is an important meeting in Atlantis, and the conference. Neither of them can be missed."

Kaldur decided to make himself noticeable. He coughed. "Kal! Help me, Orin wants me to go to this stupid conference." Percy said as she finally noticed him.

"Princess, think about it, would you rather be up there where you can change your eye and hair, and take a part of this conference, hopefully helping the ocean, or would you rather be here in a meeting where everyone knows you?"

The ravenette thought for a moment before nodding. "Fine. I will go to this conference. But for the record, you owe me one Orin." Percy says.

She still didn't like the idea of going and pouted while her arms were crossed but the fact that she could rant to Kaldur over all of this later on was something that she was relived about.

It meant she wouldn't have to endure this annoying event all by herself but had a friend by her side even though they couldn't show he was a friend rather than just a guard.