The best Galas end with a kidnapping

The next few days before the gala were spent with different games, fun and at least one film per evening.

At the morning of the gala, Percy made breakfast like the day before. One after another came in and the Team was confused to see Percy wearing simple Jogging pants and a random T-shirt. "Hey Percy, Good morning. Why aren't you wearing something other than this?" Artemis asked and Percy giggled.

"Well, you see, every time I am forced to go to a gala, I'm allowed to wear things like this because I will have to spend at least an hour getting ready for the gala later. I would propose, you two get ready with me together later on." She told the only other two girls.

After ten minutes everyone sat together at the dining table. Wally spoke suddenly up. "So, what will happen later?"

Dick answered. "First, Percy will have to go upstairs two hours before the Party starts. Then After Percy's look was approved by Bruce, he will make her promise a few things and the party can start. At the party we will most probably just stand in a corner and joke around. And only stop to threat some boys, that ask Percy to dance with them. The gala will start at eight and end around midnight. After the gala you can come back to your guest rooms and sleep."

Artemis noticed an off thing about what Dick said. "Wait, you said Mr. Wayne will make Percy promise something. What will he make her promise and why?"

Dick began to laugh while Percy blushed. "I promise I won't run away from any guards, not even some of the adults... Or give anyone a new scar by ramming my heels in his or her body... or accidentally knocking someone out... or hurt them with my accessories. This are the main promises I will have to give." The girl answered.

"Percy don't forget to mention the time, you were really mad at Bruce, and you managed to lock your guard in the fridge, even with the kitchen full of staff. We only found him as the party ended and the leftovers were put in. The poor guard wasn't able to recall anything that happened that day. How you managed that, is still mystery to us today." Dick told them.

Percy's blush deepened while everyone beside Kaldur began to laugh. Said blonde muttered in Atlantean. "Wow Percy, I'm happy you like me. I don't even want to know what you would do to me underwater with your powers." This caused Percy to choke on her Food. "Percy! Everything okay?" She nodded. "Yes, I just choked. I will be fine in a second."

Around six, after dinner, Percy took Artemis and Megan by the wrists and pulled them to her room to get ready.

While the girls were upstairs, the guys decided to hang around and just talk. "So, what do you guys hope for tonight?" Wally asked. "I hope I can threat a lot of boys for asking my sister to dance with them." Dick said. "I hope I can dance with Megan." Connor said. The other boys smirked. "Hey Kaldur, you make such a thinking face. What do you think about?" Dick mentioned as Kaldur nearly jumped. "Nothing. Not important."

"Uh-hu you look like you think about a girl, who is she?" Wally asked and Kaldur looked him dead in the eyes. "It's really nothing, and I don't think about any girl. Now let it go, we should slowly get changed as well. From what I know about the princess at formal events, the girls should be ready in about ten minutes. And trust me when I say, you don't want to let a teenage girl wait for you if you can be ready before her. Especially if she wears heels."

The others were confused while Dick spoke up. "Who do you mean with 'the princesses? And what about this with angry girls?"

The blonde sighed. "Well, the princess is the princess of Atlantis and sometimes I'm assigned as her guard. Because of that, I have to accompany her to formal events and one time I overestimated the time she needs to get ready and was a bit later at her door. Let's just say, she wasn't in a good mood. My advice: don't get a girl with heels get angry at you. These shoes can be really dangerous."