A beach day

I'm bored and have nothing to do at the moment in class, so here is a new chapter. Enjoy🤓📚

The next day Percy woke up to a smiling Dick. "Come on Percy, pack your bag, we leave in thirty minutes!" That got Percy's attention, she jumped up and ran around in her room to pack.

After that, she dressed and rushed for breakfast. Everyone walked into the car and the kids talked animatedly, while Bruce siled softly at them. Twenty minutes later they arrived, and the males put the bags into the cabin, while Percy ran towards the beach to talk to the fishes. "Hey, could you please tell everyone to act normal, while my family is at the beach too? You don't have to act while I'm alone and I would be very happy to have a few chats with you." She told them. "Of course, princess I will tell them." "Thank you very much." Percy replied and smiled brightly as the fish swam away and her family came to her.

"Hey Percy to who did you talk?" Dick asked. "To the fishes! They are good people to talk to and have very interesting stories." The girl told him, and Bruce smiled brighter.
No matter how much Percy sometimes acts like she is older than she seems she is still the little ten-year-old girl she should be.

"That's wonderful, but could you please turn your attention to us, while we are on the beach together? You can talk to the fish later." He told her. The next hours were spend by them with various plays and sand buildings until two of the three walked inside to prepare dinner and to shower.

Percy was still on the beach on a stone near the sand but surrounded by water and talked to her friends. "Princess would it be okay, if you would sing a song for us?" One of them asked and her smile widened. "Of course." The ravenette replied and began to sing under the sea. While she still was singing, Dick was sent to bring her to dinner and couldn't believe his eyes, as Percy sang, her legs seemed to fuse to one fishtail.

The girl finished singing and saw her legs as she began to scream. "What happened? Why are my legs gone into a fishtail?" she asked the fishes, which at once replied. "Princess, it looks like you can switch your appearance slightly, if you would touch your forehead, you would notice a little diadem and the fact, that your hair is braided into a fishtail-braid. I believe you should be able to change it back if you concentrate enough." She managed to change her appearance back and thanked the fish for his help, before turning around to walk back to the cabin.

Dick still had to process what he just saw as he walked back. But the scene, that played was still in his mind.

At dinner, the older Wayne's noticed the unusual silence of the youngest and decided to speak about it. "So, Percy, what did you do outside, while we were inside?" She looked a bit alarmed but calmed down fast and smiled brightly. "Oh, I-I did nothing. I just sat there and talked to the fishes and ocean. Because I know you said, I couldn't go swim without an adult to supervise me. Just before I walked in, I sang one last song for the fish, so they would let me go and don't think I'm rude."

The man once again was happy to see her so childish and not as serious as she sometimes acts. Even if he was happy to see his adopted sister so happy, Dick had to ask what happened at the beach. "Perce, could I please talk to you after dinner? I think it could be very important." At this said girl was alarmed but managed to hide this very good and nodded affirmative. The rest of the dinner went by in the usual laughter and nonsense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Bruce gave them a few minutes until he will come back to Percy's room to bid her good night and the two kids sat in Percy's room to talk. Dick got straight to the point as they were alone. "Percy, before dinner, I was sent to get you, but was frozen as I saw you singing, and it looked like your legs became a Mermaid tail. Can you tell me what happened?"

She sighed. "Look Dicky, I can't tell you what happened back there. I mean I have my suspicious, but I don't really know. Just please don't tell the dad and Alfie about it, they would ask me until I accidentally spill my secret. I promise you this secret is nothing too bad, just please keep quiet."

The boy didn't look convinced but gave in. "Okay I will keep quiet as long as you promise me to tell me when you know what happened back there." Percy was conflicted and began to speak again. "D, I can't promise you to tell you, because one part of my secret could bring you, dad and Alfred in really big danger. If I know what happened earlier. But you have to accept if I won't tell you everything."

The boy nodded in defeat and bit her good night. Not even two minutes later, Bruce walked in and wished Percy a good night sleep as well. This night the girl drifted to sleep with her thoughts all around her family and powers.