Family talks, goodbyes and reunions

The Wayne's looked up as Percy entered the cabin and smiled. She walked over to them at the table and sat down. Dick spoke up. "Hey Percy, where did you get the jewels? Earlier you didn't wear it. And I don't remember you ever wore this."

She smiled. "Yes, I never wore this because these were birthday presents from a friend. And I opened it as I sat on the beach." Now Dick was really curious.

"Who is this friend you are talking about? And do you know where he bought them?" She showed the tiniest tinge of blush which luckily for Percy, the boy noticed, and his smile brightened. "Is this boy probably your crush?"

Her blush became more visible. "N-no. Kal gave me these and he made them himself." Now the boy grinned bright. "Why do you blush Perce? Could he really be your crush?" She just looked down as her blush became more and more visible. "N-no he is just a friend. And also, I'm just twelve." She said and muttered under her breath.

"Why does everyone think I already have crushes? First most of the people in camp think I have a crush on Andrew, and they thought we would have kissed as we fell and were trapped. And now my family thinks I have a crush on Kal. I think I really have to talk to Aunt A and Lina."

Bruce and Dick caught the muttering and asked at the same time. "Andrew?" "Falling and kissing?" "Aunt A and Lina?" Percy cursed in a language the others didn't know. "Watch your moth young miss. I don't know what you said, but it definitely was a colourful curse."

"Yes dad, to answer your questions. Andrew is a friend from camp, one of them I was kidnaped together at my first year. As we played a modified game of capture the flag, we hid near some rocks and fell into a hole. As the others found us an hour later, some thought we would purposeful have hid. Aunt A is a nickname for one of the adults in camp, because she is like an aunt to everyone. And Lina is the nickname for Selina a good friend of mine in camp."

"How about we go upstairs and watch a movie together in the living-room? Like last year but with more possibilities?" Bruce suggested and the kids nodded. "Good Percy, decide what we watch, and we will make popcorn."

Ten minutes later everyone sat in living-room on different places on the couch and watched Aqua man, much to everyone's amusement. The males were amused because of the differences of the film and the real Aquaman. While Percy was amused about the differences between the two Orins and Water scenes. At different points someone laughed and the others mostly the others didn't know why. At the end everyone fell asleep in the living-room and Alfred put blankets over everyone.

The next morning, they had to pack again to drive back home. Also, the yearly gala came near.

This year Percy gave everything she had to enjoy the gala and made as much fun as she could with her brother. She danced with him like there would be no tomorrow, which for Percy, could easily be. But for this night, she just tried to forget everything about her life as a demigod and only focused on her life as the daughter of Bruce Wayne.

The following months were some of the bests of Percy's life, she also called Kaldur many times, so she could voice all her thoughts and doubts. But the only advice she got from Kaldur were to trust her gut-feeling.

The week of her birthday came closer and closer, and she decided to visit Orin and Mera a month before it.

One day at breakfast, Percy decided to speak her mind. "Dad, this year camp goes a bit different we will only be there a few days because of renewal-works. But these days will be around my birthday. Would it be okay if I go there? A friend will pick me up. Also I have made an appointment with friends for next weekend, and we will have a sleepover. At her pal- place." She told them.

"If you really want to go, you can but please at least call us at your birthday and come back as soon as possible." Bruce told her a little sad because their tradition will be broken.

Poseidon's daughter visited Atlantis for the weekend and Orin and Mera spend as much time together as they could. The little time she spends without them, was spend with Kaldur.

Percy holds on to her tradition and habit to sing the moment she arrives and the night before she went home. Like every time she sat on her windowsill and sang to the open window out into the night. And like every time, the residents of Atlantis stopped to hear her singing.

The goodbyes this time were a hundred times more heart-breaking than usual because everyone knew it could easily be the last time, they saw each other.

Different to the last times, she was accompanied by Kaldur, Mera and Orin together nearly direct to her door. "Percy, when you survive, please let us know how you are. I'm sure you will make the right decision. Goodbye." Mera said and hugged Percy tight. "Thanks, Mera I needed that." The two males also told Percy their motivating and comforting words before leaving.

Percy managed to convince her family for a week on the beach in the cabin. This was 11days before her birthday. They did everything possible on the beach, for example: they built sandcastle's or tried to beat Percy at surfing, but 'somehow' she got the best waves.

That was the day, Percy went to her mission on the princess Andromeda and her family didn't hear about her in over a week.

(Everything from the last Olympian happened during that week and Percy stayed a few days longer in camp to help other campers.)

After one and a half week, Percy came back. Her family rushed over to her as they saw her and crushed the girl in a tight family hug.

"Percy, where were you and who even was that boy, which picked you up. What happened in the time you were away? We didn't have a single hint of where you were!" Bruce told his daughterlike niece. "The boy was Charles Beckendorf, and he was the one I told you about, who picked me up. We made our way to camp. Then at camp I found Nico. For the rest of the week, we had a special program in and around New-York city." She told him while they still hugged.

"What do you think about we just buy a bit cake and celebrate a late birthday party for Percy?" Dick proposed. They all agreed and as Percy walked to her room to unpack, Alfred headed out to buy cake and the others decorated the living-room a bit and to bring out the present s they bought a while ago.

Percy acted as happy as she could to not give away, how hard the war really affected her.

Her family really didn't notice her change in mood and simply acted like ever.

During the next few months Percy managed to not let the aftermath of the war being visible for her family. And the other residents of Wayne manor managed to even cover kidnappings during missions from Percy.