Check-up's and Galas

Bruce didn't let Percy go to school after her kidnapping but allowed her to go out and visit a friend. What he didn't know, was that she was going to visit the team.

Currently, only Aqualad, Miss Martian and Superboy were there. Kaldur doesn't go to school on the surface and graduated the one in Atlantis, and the other two have today a day off.

As soon as the young girl stepped into the doorframe, and Kaldur spotted her, she was wrapped into a tight hug. "Where have you been? You were supposed to meet with us yesterday." The blonde told his friend.

She blushed slightly in embarrassment. The two aliens also looked at her, expecting an answer. "Well, you see, I was kidnapped. But don't worry, I'm fine. they tried to get some information's about the League and the team, but I didn't tell them anything."

The couple seemed satisfied by the answer, while Kaldur looked sceptically. "What did really happen?" "I was kidnapped by the league of assassins because they wanted me to teach one of them sword fighting. Don't worry I'm fine Kal."

He gave her a look that said 'am I really looking like I believe you?' "Please just let it go. I promised not to tell and as you know I keep my promises if I can." Kaldur wanted to argue but Riptide spoke up again. "If you keep questioning, I will have to do the one way you stop." The Blonde was shocked to hear how serious it is for her.

She even threatened to use the one way to shut him up, a direct order. "Of course." Both teens relaxed and hung out with their two alien friends while waiting for the other three. A few hours, just after Wally, Artemis and Robin arrived, as Black Canary came in. "Team, today you all will have a check-up. Come on, in the gym, then the med-bay and at the end, we will come back here."

The teens followed her as she walked outside. "Now, I want all of you, one after another, to lift as much as you can. Without powers." Artemis went first, M'gann, Kaldur and Connor followed her. Robin went next and Riptide was the last.

She was able to hold as much weights as the gym had. The examination went on with physicals and changed to the body-check.

One after another they walked in the med-bay and were examined by Black Canary. Riptide was again the last one. "Okay Riptide, I would like to ask you to remove the upper half or your dress. Don't worry, no one can look inside this room, and I won't tell anyone anything. Even if I should find out your identity."

Percy's mind raced all over the place. "Give me a second to think about another outfit. Please." Canary gave her the time while Percy concentrated on a simple leggings, Sports bra, and sneaker. But of course, she didn't forget to think about a mask. "If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to not have a single scar in this line of work?" Percy facepalmed.

"Of course, I knew I forgot something. Let's see if I still wear these clothes if I pull this off." She said before pulling off the ring. Canary gasped. "How did you get all of these scars? And how did you manage to hide them?"

The ravenette starred the blonde dead in the eyes. "First, please don't make me tell every story, second my aunt enchanted this ring to hide them, only if I want someone to see them or don't wear it, they are visible."

Black looked concerned. "Okay I won't ask you for exact descriptions, but please give me a faint impression. You have way too many scars. Not even Robin, who does this the longest, has this many."

Percy looked away. The memories still hurt her and the feat of Gabe, even though he was locked up in prison for years now. With much hesitation in her voice, she answered the blonde Heroine. "Fine. Some of them are from my Step-father, the rest is thanks to who my dad is." Canary tilted her head. "Does your step-father abuse you? Why doesn't your mother do anything against it? What do you mean with 'who your father is'?"