A Christmas to remember

Nearly a month passed since the mission in Quarc. A week before Christmas, Percy spoke up at dinner in a more serious tone than usual. "Dad, can I please go on a little trip in Europe?" Bruce furrowed his eyebrows. "How long will this trip go? When? Who goes with you?"

"Dad, relax. I will be back at the 23rd or earlier. I would go tomorrow."

He looked sceptically but gave into the baby seal eyes. "You can go. But you have to call me once a day and you use our Jet to fly to Europe and through it. Do you understand?" Percy squealed loudly. "Thanks dad, Love you!" And she ran out. "Looks like it is only us now." Bruce told Dick and the two made plans about on which cases they work and when.

Back upstairs, Percy packed her bag and went to bed because she will leave early in the morning tomorrow. The next day, she said her goodbyes and let Alfred drove her to the airport. Once she passed all the security and boarded the Jet.

A few hours later she landed in a city near the coast in north France and shouldered her bag. She told the pilot; she would call him when and where to pick her up.

Percy left the city and simply travelled north. It was relaxing for her not to have to do something and simply hiking through the forests. Five days later, she reached Bruges and saw something that surprised her, a poster for Haley circus. I'm already here, so why shouldn't I enjoy a show without a death? The ravenette asked herself before she bought a ticket.

In the evening, she sat in the big top with popcorn in her hands. To say she was surprised as she noticed who the daring dangers were, would be an understatement. She groaned and asked herself why she can't have a week off if she wants.

The team was clearly on a mission. But the most surprising was that she figured out Robin's identity. The shows were too similar to be just coincidences. Robin was her brother Dick Grayson. Percy saw his skills at least once a week when they trained and thought about new moves and the without a net part was the overkill.

It was only logical to her if Bruce was Batman. Percy's heart stopped as she saw Dick fall to his death just like his family five years ago. Thank the gods conner was there and threw a barrel to push him back up and Megan used her telekinesis. She let out a breath as Dick was back on the platform.

After the show, she checked in in a hotel and got a call from Wally. "Hey Percy, do you know where Dick is? He isn't at the point we usually meet." The girl chuckled. He must mean the cave. "No, I don't know. I'm not at the manor at the moment. Dad allowed me to make a short trip. I'm in Bruges. Did you try to call him?"

The redhead gulped. "Oh. I will call him right now. Bye!" And he hung up. Percy chuckled quietly to herself while she thought about what happened. Either they are on a mission, and it isn't an official one, or Wally just don't know about it.

Both is possible for her, but she shook her head. However, she will travel to the next stop of the circus, and after this, she will leave back home. A thought came to her mind as she saw the next stop and date. Percy pulled out her phone again and called Bruce. "Hey dad, I will be back a day later than planned. I just saw a poster for Haley's Circus and wanted to watch the show. I will be back before dinner."

The man sighed. "Okay Percy, I see you in two days. Be safe." He ended the call. Percy called the Jet to pick her up and bring her to Geneva the next day. Once she landed at said city, she walked to the circus train and followed the team as they snuck out.

As a black hole began to form above a building, she used her powers to create a border to protect the city. The hole disappeared and so did the water border. Percy checked in in a hotel and watched the show at the day. She used the Jet again and was like she promised back in Gotham before dinner. It didn't surprise her to see Dick back at home.

"So, Percy what did you do this week in Europe and where were you?" Bruce asked her. "I let the jet drop me off in a city in north France and hiked northern to Bruges, where I saw a poster for Haley's circus and decided to watch the show. But the one there was already over, and I used the Jet to fly to Geneva where the next show was. The group called the daring Dangers were especially interesting. But sadly, Geneva was their last show. I liked especially the trapeze act. It reminded me on one of the shows Dick and I created."

Percy smiled and pretended not to see the look Bruce send Dick. After Percy was out of the room, the older man turned to his son. "Well, what do you have to say?"

The younger rubbed the back of his neck. "Jack was in trouble and would have lost the circus if we wouldn't have intervened."

Bruce chuckled but kept a slightly stern look. "Oh, I didn't mean this. I mean why did you not see Percy in the crowd? Didn't I taught you to keep an eye open all the time?" A dreamy smile plastered Dicks face. "Yes, you did. I'm sorry but I was just happy to be on the Trapeze in front of audience again."

The older laughed amused. "Once a Trapeze artist, always a trapeze artist. Now go to bed or you won't get gifts tomorrow chum." Dick jumped up and wished everyone goodnight.

Upstairs, Percy pulled out a drachma. She spoke the incantation to show her Orin. He looked tired at her. "What can I do for you princess?"

Percy didn't wait a second. "Did you know who Batman and Robin really are?" The man sighed. "I assume you found out?"

"Yes, why didn't you tell me?" A look of slight hurt was visible in the princesses eyes. "It wasn't my secret to tell you. How did you find out?"

She glared slightly at her brother and told him the story. "Yes! Diana owes me a hundred dollar!" Orin shouted happily. "Wait. You guys betted on me? What did you two bet about?" Percy asked confused.

"We betted how long you or the bats will take to figure out the identities. Diana said Robin and Batman would find out within a month. I told her you would be the first one to find out their identities. Thanks to you, I got hundred extra dollars."

The girl rolled her eyes "I'm happy I could bring you some extra cash. But why did they not tell me?" Aquaman looked at her. "I assume, they thought you would be in danger if you knew because they don't know about your second, third and fourth live. If you ever intend in telling them, I will stand right behind you and explain it to them."

She sighed. "You know perfectly well, why I can't Orin. If I tell them I am Riptide, they will question how I know you and how I have powers. If I tell them about the godly world, even though they know already, monster will target them."

He looked at her while answering in a soft voice. "Sometimes you have to take the risk to win the game." The two siblings continued their conversation until Orin hurried her to bed.