Seventeen

The ride back home was silence, there was only two of you inside the van and all you did was stare outside looking at the passing scenario such as the people walking on the side walks, people inside the cafes and shop you passed by.

Or at least that's what it seems like because your mind is actually preoccupied with your dream, more like your true memories.

You could only process things as you're actually just an eighteen years-old who's just graduating highschool and is just about to enter college. All this time you thought you're some grown up woman before you transmigratted here but it turns out having your original memories back is that you're just a teenager yet to be sure about her life.

Still, nothing much have change, only the true nature of your background and were you're from. There's nothing much that change, nor was there to change because..

"I'm sorry"

"Huh?"

You turn to look at Jinwo who was currently driving beside you

"About the black ant, uhmm. Beru-"

"It's fine"

You reassure him

Still looking at him who is now has his hands gripping tight on the steering wheel. You silently, reach out for it, shifting in your position so you could.

And he took it, gently squeezing your hand as he kept his other hand on the wheel. Keeping his eyes on the road.

"But it's the one who almost killed you"

He whispered and grit his teeth, squeezing your hands once again

"What almost killed me is my stupidity, my careless and the freaking system"

You spoke, caressing his hand that was holding on into you

That was the truth, it was never about the ant. It was you letting your guard down, letting some stupid information caught your attention, it was about you letting yourself get restricted by the goddamn system.

This would be the first and last time such thing will happen. You don't want to see him worrying about you ever again and being half dead in front of you, you don't want him to get hurt because of you

"Still, I'm sorry"

He apologizes once again

"I was scared"

He admitted

And he was a guy who fears nothing, nothing but the god like statue inside the double dungeon. And yet you made him feel the impossible.

"I almost lost you (First name)"

Stuck in the traffic, your eyes met, all you could see in those gray iris was nothing but fear, pain and sadness, all just by the thoughts of losing you.

"So please. Please don't do that again"

"I can't promise you, but I can try"