Chapter Thirty-Seven

SMUT WARNING...

EMORY'S POV

Today marks the beginning of my move in with Ansel. My father's death occurred a few months ago. You might be wondering how I'm doing.

There's not much I can say. People told me that his passing would be easier with time, but it isn't. You just grow accustomed to his absence over time.

I'm in the process of loading my suitcases into my car. It wasn't necessary to use a U-Haul, especially because there were only four suitcases. My clothes were in two of them, while my makeup, jewelry, and shoes were in the other two. Despite Ansel's demands, I did not purchase a truck since it was unnecessary and a waste of money, as I stated before.

Now I'm on my way to his, no, our home. Even though I told him it wasn't necessary, Ansel stated that if we continued to live together, he would look for larger and better homes for the both of us. However, he asserted his case by saying that he plans to marry me and start a family with me in the near future. Even now, the thought of it makes me blush.

As I approach his building, I contacted Ansel to let him know I'm outside. In less than two minutes, he and two other people are standing outside. I roll my eyes, knowing they're most likely helpers.

I informed him that I wouldn't be bringing much. With the shake of my head, I expressed disapproval with the situation.

After parking the car, I opened the door and the trunk. I began to take each suitcase out one by one. I took two handles and began rolling them over to Ansel after they were all out. I stood there watching Ansel's face morph into a frown.

"Don't even, Ansel," I scolded him. "We both can roll two up, there was no need for help, I already told you that."

When he rolled his eyes, I wanted to strangle him.

"Nope, I'm not having it, hand them over." He said sternly, causing me to frown. I started to think.

What if?

"Only if you make a deal with me." With a smirk on my face, I added, "I'll give these to the helpers if you let me do anything I want, and you have to comply."

He undoubtedly considered it, probably figuring I was planning to rob his bank accounts.

He took in a deep breath before exhaling, "Fine."

I handed the staff the suitcases and told them there was two more besides my car. Once they nodded, I locked my car and took Ansel's hand to enter our apartment. I told Ansel after we made it up, I was going to order us food and then take a shower.

He had a tick in his jaw, obviously not liking the situation. He didn't like it when I paid, but guess what? Today is 'Do What Emory Wants' day.

I smirked at him and grabbed my phone, knowing he couldn't say shit, and ordered sushi for the both of us. I hid my phone in case Ansel did something nefarious, then jumped into the shower.

I took a fast shower, making sure to get rid of the sweat from frantically packing at my old place.

All of my bags were in there when I got out of the shower. To find my clothes, I rummaged through each suitcase. Once I found my clothes, I pulled out a white lingerie set and put it on. To avoid seeming suspicious, I put on regular shorts and a large shirt.

I mentally laughed. Tonight, he was so getting it.

Once everything appeared to be in order, I grabbed my phone and stolled out of our room. I checked my phone to see when the meal would arrive, and much to my astonishment, they were already on their way up.