Chapter Twenty-Eight

Probably 8-10 chapters left in this book! I'm planning to re-edit this book after it's finished, then start a new one. Also, almost 8k readers? I'm so happy!

...

EMORY'S POV

I let out a loud sigh as Ansel walked away, turning around to face Ava. She smirks at me and raises and lowers her brows, repetitively. Her expressions make me roll my eyes.

"I'm assuming the dinner went well?" With a knowing smile on her face, she asks me.

"It went more than well, actually. I'm pretty sure they like me," I add, beaming as I recall the events of Saturday. I want to see his family again soon; they were definitely good company.

Ava gives me a soft smile and a nod. "That's great because what's not to like?"

I laughed loudly and shook my head. "However, I do have some news," I tell her, and she looks at me expectantly, waiting for me to break the silence.

"Well, don't keep me waiting," she replies, lifting her brows.

I take a seat in one of the kitchen chairs as I get closer to her. She follows my motions and waits for me to begin speaking.

"I spoke with Ansel about introducing you to his brother, Adonis. He's 29 years old and has a daughter, Cher, as I previously told you. Ansel told me to tell you, do not bother Adonis if you aren't in for a long run with him, for the sake of Cher." I explain her. Ava glances at me, puzzled, and says nothing. She finally speaks up after a few minutes of stillness.

"For one thing, I didn't anticipate you to actually set me up with his brother. Second, you know how much I adore children, and I would never purposefully harm them. Despite that, I'd like to get to know Adonis." She explains, appearing to be deep in thought.

Knowing what Ava's intentions were, I let out a sigh of relief. It was still great to hear them.

"I'll figure it out. I'll text Ansel and we'll arrange a meeting for you two. I have to warn you that Adonis isn't much into dating, so I wish you luck," I added, winking at her.

"Yeah, well, I'm charming, so we'll see how this goes," she said, rolling her eyes.

Ava began rubbing her hands together, as if she were plotting something nefarious. I shook my head and smiled at her tactics.

"You're an idiot," I say, rubbing her head to mess up her hair. She smacks my hand away and straightens up her hair.

"So, tell me a little more about him." She says, wetting her lips, "His name is hot."

I gave her a crazy look before telling her what he told me.

"All he said was his age and that he's a father and a businessman. He didn't give anything away in the least. So try to encourage him to open up a little when you two meet," I advise, and she nods.

"You are aware that I am a therapist, correct?" She questions me, and I laugh.

"Yes, but don't use your therapist voice on him; he'll believe he's in therapy rather than on a date," I add, amusing us both.