23 | 𝐌𝐲 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲

𝙱𝚄𝙲𝙺𝚈 𝙱𝙰𝚁𝙽𝙴𝚂
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Alessia led me down the stairs to her awaiting friend. If something were to happen, I could be on the run again. Or worse, I could loose Alessia.

Alessia took a deep breath before she started speaking. "Sarah, this is Bucky Barnes. Bucky, this is Sarah Scott." She introduced us.

I saw Sarah's eyes widen, and I immediately knew she recognized me. I wanted to run, and I would've if it weren't for Alessia's tight grip on my arm.

"Les, why is the Winter Soldier in your house?" Sarah asked frantically.

Alessia tried to calm Sarah down, and I didn't pay much attention to the conversation. From what I did pay attention to, Alessia was explaining the situation and then there was some friendly blackmail going on. Finally, Sarah agreed to keep the whole thing a secret.

After she left, I was still standing in my place on the stairs.

Alessia walked up to me. "Come on. We've got a window to clean, and books to reorganize."

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

I, apparently and now a master negotiator. Sarah agreed not to tell anyone about Bucky, and I trusted her. The whole bird situation just made me laugh. A 100 year old assassin is scared of birds.

That night, Bucky let me pick the movie. I chose 'Cinderella', purely because I was going to be a Godmother. I thought it was cute. Bucky did not understand it.

I very quickly learned that Bucky enjoyed reading. He went through books very fast because of the serum. Even though I had a modified version of the serum, I didn't have the speed-reading, and I was very grateful. Reading is one of my favorite things in the world, and enjoying the book is part of the fun. He disagrees, but that's okay.

The days turned into weeks, the weeks into months, and soon, five months had passed since Bucky Barnes knocked on my door. Natasha came by a few times, as much as she could. Bucky was always hidden, and it killed me, but it had to be done. One of the highlights of my exhile was my secret apperance at Sarah's wedding. Another highlight, was that baby Alexander Phil was born. He was precious, and loved me immediately. I loved him so much and it made me sad to remember that I couldn't have a child of my own. The final highlight? A certain Sergeant and I have become very close. And by close, I mean, he was remembering more and more from his past everyday.

About a month ago, he had more of a memory than a nightmare. It was a mass murder, and he remembered it. He let me in, and let me help him. We only got closer from then on. Bucky also helped me with a few nightmares. They were bad, about my time being experimented on, and he pulled me out. I was grateful, and embarassed that he saw me at my lowest.

I enjoyed our time together very much, and I like to think Bucky felt the same. I would've gone absolutely nuts if he hadn't been with me for the past five months. The trips to the grocery store got easier. He felt a little more comfortable going out in public with me. He was still afraid of being alone, but he managed. The weekend I left for Sarah's wedding, I came home to find his bedroom destroyed. He told me it was a nightmare. I let him cry in my arms that day.