19 | 𝐅𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐃𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐬, 𝐘𝐚𝐲!

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

The two weeks that it took for Steve to wake up went by very slow. I was in the hospital myself the first two days, getting a new cast, my stitches taken out and 6 more head scans. My lovely Sarah was still pregnant and engaged, so all was well on that end. On the other end...

Nat spent over an hour telling me how stupid my actions were, another hour telling me how much she loved me, a third hour calling Clint to yell at me, and a final two hours of us talking and relaxing in each other's arms. I told her everything that I remembered from my captivity, she told me about her time as a fugitive and we ended with watching me get tortured.

Everyone could access my torture video, meaning us. It gave me closure, to know what they did. There were still tests to be done to figure out what I was injected with, but that was for another day. Apparently, I killed Madame V for real this time while under mind control. Yay! The video also ended with me 'dead' in my cell. Classic 'claiming what's mine' crap.

So I was dead again, great. Not that shocking, but kind of sad.

After I got released from my room, I practically lived with Sam in Steve's. Hill and Nat dropped by every once in a while, but Sam and I were there everyday. The day he woke up, I was cuddled with Sam on the couch by Steve's bed, reading a book while dozing off every once in a while. Sam was out, and we listened to some of Steve's favorite music.

I noticed Steve's eye open before Sam, and when I looked at him, Steve shook his head.

"On your left." He said, making it make sense. "Keep readin', kid." He said to me before he let his head hit the pillow and relax.

In the days that followed, Maria got herself a job at Stark Industries. I didn't know what I was going to do, considering I'm dead and the whole world wants to kidnapp and experiment on me. Natasha gave a statement, about everything, one in which she made a grand exit, much to my delight.

"Why are we at Nick Fury's gravestone? I'm supposed to be dead." I said to Sam and Steve as we waited.

Sam chuckled. "That's why you're disguised." He said.

I looked at myself wearing clothes I would never wear. I looked like Regina George, and I wasn't sure whether to hate it or love it. "This standing makes me want to die for real. Please, someone, shoot me and get it over with." I finished dramatically.

"You really are the dramatic sister." Steve said as he smiled down at me.

I gave him a look. "I could shoot you in the foot and be Natasha if you'd like." I said before a hooded man joined us.

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before." Nick said.

"You get used to it." Steve said. I couldn't decide between laughing and crying when he said that, so I did nothing.

Fury looked at his headstone. "We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come." He said, looking at Steve.

He sighed. "There's something I gotta do first."

"How about you, Wilson? Could use a man with your abilities." He turned to Sam next.