49 | 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

I didn't know how long I was out for, of where I was, or who changed my clothes, or where anyone was. I didn't really know anything.

What I did know was that I was in a straightjacket, in a cell, laying on a bed. A blue jumpsuit was on my body, adorned with gray socks. The flowers were removed from my hair and my braid was undone, making me feel weird. I could feel the headgear still on my head, and oddly, my hearing aids were still in.

Looking around frantically, I saw all of Cap's team in cells, Wanda in a straightjacket as well. I relaxed, when I saw Clint and Sam, but I couldn't hear them.

I figured that my cell was soundproof, specially built for someone like me. I elegantly rolled off the bed, landing on the floor, making me groan from the pain in my shoulder. I felt sick to my stomach, and I just needed the two people that could never be here.

Crawling handless, I made it to the edge of my cell. Looking out, I saw a man adorned in a suit walk in, with guard behind him. He signalled the guards, and they opened my cell door, walked in, unzipped my straightjacket, and aggressively pulled me out of the cell.

I looked around, seeing Sam and Clint perk up at the sight of me.

"What are you doing with her?" Sam asked loudly, directed at the man.

Clint spoke next. "Let her go!" He yelled, banging his fist on his cell.

The man just chuckled. "I'm afraid I can't. She murdered innocent people, and she needs to tell us where her partner is. She'll be questioned. Be quiet in here, got it?"

I looked at Clint, and Sam, unable to offer them my usual smile. There was nothing left inside.

The questioning room was very nerve-wracking. The guards pushed me into a chair, despite my cries to be gentle, and roughly tightened straps around my wrists, before moving to do the same to my legs.

Once I was situated, the man took a seat across from me.

"My name is Thaddeus Ross. I'm the Secretary of State. You need to give me the information of where your friend Steve Rogers, and your partner, James Barnes have gone. If you agree, I will be able to transfer you and Mr. Barnes to a psychiatric center, where you will live. I need information about your sister, as well, Miss Romanoff." Mr. Ross said, causing my eyes to widen.

Silence was just going to prolong the process, so maybe fibbing the truth would work. "I don't know." I said quietly. It was true, I didn't know where Nat was, but even if I did, I would lie just like I did.

Mr. Ross chuckled. "Miss Romanoff, we can either do this the easy way, or the hard way. It's your choice." He threatened, pulling his chair closer to me.

I tried to back away from him, even though I couldn't. "Is this how you treat innocent people? I'd hate to see what you do to the guilty." I said, still trying to push myself away. After everything that has happened to me, being alone with a man I didn't know, was not on my to-do list. I wanted Bucky, or Sam, or Clint, or Wanda, or Natasha, or maybe even Scott. I just didn't want to be alone. I was so scared, I would even let Rhodey, Tony or Vision help me.