20 | 𝐈 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

I was sleeping soundly, when all of the sudden I was shaken awake by a certain blue eyed Soldier. He looked like he was in a frenzy state of terror. It scared me.

I screamed once I woke up, and then he clamped a hand over my mouth and put his finger to his lips, silencing me. I sat up and brushed the hairs that escaped my braid from my eyes before I removed the Soldier's hand from my mouth.

"What's going on?" I asked him quietly.

He looked around in fear. "There was a ringing, downstairs. It wouldn't go off. It ended with a loud bang. I didn't know what it was, so I came in here. I'm sorry." He mumbled out.

I shook my head at him. "Don't apologize, it's okay. Let's go check it out." I said as I climbed off my bed and threw a sweatshirt on over my tank to.

The Soldier and I made our way downstairs slowly. I turned the lights on, the noise was still there, and I traced it back to the dryer. The thing does it twice a month at least, so to me it wasn't a big deal, but to a former assasin who was also in the war, it's a big deal.

I walked over to it and kicked it twice, silencing the noise. He looked stunned.

"There we go, all set. I forgot to warn you, it's my mistake." I said to him.

He looked down at me with an expression I couldn't decifer. "I'm sorry for waking you." He said.

I grabbed his hand. "Stop apologizing, please. It's okay. If you ever feel scared, or nervous, just tell me. The first time I escaped from the Red Room, I couldn't sleep for weeks. I was terrified. I get it." I finished.

"What's the 'Red Room'?" He asked me.

I sighed, debating on telling him. I led him to the couch and grabbed a blanket to drape over us as I began my story. "The Red Room is the place where I grew up. They kidnap children, and train them to be master asassins." I started. "I, unfortunetly had powers before I came to the Red Room. They took both Nat and I when I was 5, and I lived there for 14 years. The tortured me daily, forcing me to kill a lot of people. Traditionally, when you turn 18, you 'graduate.' I didn't, because they wanted to keep me as a weapon." I told him as I played with my bracelt absentmindly. "Natasha, my sister, rescued me 5 years ago when I was 19. I was presumed dead after my inital capture, and Nat decided to keep it that way. After SHIELD fell, I was put here, because everyone wants to kill me." I finished my life story with a deep breath.

The Soldier looked kind of overwhelmed. "You know you're not alone anymore?" I said as I gently grabbed his hand.

He shook his head. "I am. You don't get it, Alessia." He grumbled.

"Uh-huh. What don't I get?" I asked as I leaned back against the arm of the couch.

He looked down. "The brainwashing. The murder." The Soldier said.

"Yes. Yes I do get that. You apparently saw me get tortured." I said, trying to get some emotion out of him.

I saw his demeanor shift. "Oh." Was all he said. I win.

"I don't even know what your name is. Want to tell me, because I've just been calling you 'Soldier' and I don't like it." I said.

His face changed. "I think- I think it's... Bucky." He whispered.

"Bucket?" I asked.

He shot a look at me and I raised my hands in surrender.

"Bucky. I think it's Bucky." He clarified, louder this time.

I smiled slightly. "I thought you said Bucket."

He rolled his eyes at me and sat back on the couch.

"Well, I don't anticipate going back to sleep tonight, so stay put." I said as I got up and headed to the cabinet underneath the TV.

"What are you doing?" He asked from the couch.

I found what I was looking for and dumped them on his lap. "We're getting your memories back."

"