24 | 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐖𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬, 𝐋𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

The morning after the incident, I awoke to find Bucky looking down at me. I rubbed my eyes with my one hand before gently sitting up.

"Buck? What's going on?" I asked him as I saw his concerned face.

He sighed, before talking. "I hurt you, Alessia. I never wanted to do that."

I smiled, softly, barely noticable. "Buck...It's okay. It wasn't you, I know that. You need to know that."

He looked at me with such hurt in his eyes before I spoke again. "Why don't you let people see the good in you? The good that protects me, and helps me, and makes me laugh."

He swallowed slowly. "If people see the good, they expect good all the time. Look at last night, I can't live up to those expectations." Bucky finished, looking away from me.

I looked at him and gently grabbed his face in my hand, turning it. "I only have one expectation of you, Bucky. That you let me help you, and let me in. Because I want to. And you're remembering so much, but I can't help you if you don't let me in. Promise me, that you'll let me in." I said as I brushed the hair from his face.

After a long pause, he finally agreed. We got out of my bed and he carried me downstairs. I discovered that I had a bruised neck, very broken hand and a very sore body. My hand wasn't going to be healing very fast. I had some speed healing, but not nearly the speed as Steve or Bucky. My neck and body overall was feeling better, but my wrist needed serious attention. So I called my favorite doctor.

"Sarah, I could really use some doctoring right about now." I told her over the phone on the couch while Bucky held ice to my wrist for me.

I heard her sigh over the phone. 'Les, what did you do now? I have a newborn here.' Sarah told me. I heard the baby crying on her end.

I nodded at Bucky in appreciation before I spoke again. "I know Sarah, I'm sorry. I fell down the stairs last night and I think I broke my wrist. My fingers are bent really weird so I think I did something to them as well. It's really swollen and it kinda looks like the first time I broke this wrist." I ranted as I looked at my arm.

'What wrist is it?' She asked me.

"The left. The one I broke in Iran. I'm pretty sure it's worse though."

The phone was silent. I thought of a way to get her here, and a lightbulb went off. "I'll watch the baby. You can spend time with Robbie and I'll take Alexander over night. I haven't seen him since he was a few days old, and you deserve a break. You come here and fix my wrist, I'll take Alex." I finished, looking at Bucky who gave me a very confused face.

Sarah took a deep breath. 'You have to make me flowers. I'll bring you the new hearing aids I had designed for you.' She told me, making me smile.

"Done. See you in a few hours." I told her before I hung up and sighed happily.

I looked at Bucky who smiled at me. "What?"

He chuckled a little bit before sitting down next to me on the couch. "I like seeing you happy." Bucky said with a smile.

I rolled onto my back and stretched my legs over his lap. "Well, if my being happy makes you smile then I'll be sure to be happy more often." I told him with a smile.

He smiled at me mockingly, before grabbing the remote and playing 'Gilmore Girls'. We watched the show while he rubbed my bare legs soothingly. We sat contently for a few hours, occasionally stealing glances at the other when they weren't looking. I was still in my black athletic shorts and dark pink pajama shirt. I had taken my hair out of its messy braid and attempted to put it up, but was stopped by Bucky. He insisted on brushing out my waves and putting it into a low ponytail for me.