43 | 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐆𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2016, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚒𝚡

Bucky acted fast, and kicked the grenade over to Steve who covered the blast with his shield.

Soldiers were attempting to break down the door, and Bucky grabbed me quickly and covered us with the matress. He flipped it off, and threw a table at the door. I grew some vines, and my unatural eyes glowed blue and green. I sent my vines over to the door, effectively keeping the soldiers out.

More soldiers broke through the window, and Bucky began hand-to-hand combat, while I focued on the door. Steve too, fought the soldiers, and Bucky asisted him by kicking a guy out the window.

"Buck, stop!" Steve yelled, and Bucky flipped him around, making me loose my focus on the door. "You're gonna kill someone!" Steve continued, making Bucky tackle him to the ground. Right when I thought that he was going to punch Steve in the face, he punched the floorboards where our backpacks were held.

Bucky, fierce with emotion, stated into Steve's face. "I'm not gonna kill anyone."

I was probably a bit too excited at these words than I should've been, but who cares. Bucky grabbed our bags and tossed them out the window, before calling to me. "Les! Let's go!" He yelled, and I nodded, before firmly vining up the door and racing over to Bucky.

More soldiers came through the window shooting at us, so Bucky pushed me behind him and used his metal arm to deflect the bullets. Steve got off the ground and covered us both with his shield, pushing us away from the window. Bucky, always one for dramatics, proceeded to push Steve out the window and onto the platform below it.

Bucky charged forward, deflecting bullets with the metal hand before noticed I wasn't with him. "Alessia!" He called out to me. I was busy stalling the other soldiers, helping Steve.

I stopped vining an attacker, when I heard my name come from Bucky's lips. "Go! I'll meet you down there!" I instructed, still fighting.

Bucky looked hesitant, so I persuaded him more. "I'll meet you there. Hurry." I spoke gentler this time. Although he didn't want to, he nodded and continued what he was doing.

By now, gunshots were being fired at the door, and my vines were coming undone. I didn't have time to worry about that though, because my years of training at the Red Room and HYDRA was all coming back to me. My combat skills were slightly less sharp than Nat's, only because I never practice. I could hold my own though, despite what a lot of others seem to think.

The door was finally broken down, but by Bucky, who punched his way through and barelled down the stairs, beating up soldiers as he did so. I heard the sounds of the fight inside the apartment, and I mentally cringed.

Steve came back inside, and helped take care of the guys I was fighting, elicting a, "Thanks, man." From me.

The Captain nodded, and we left the apartment through the empty door frame. Once we got out, Steve and I came upon a German soldier, talking into his radio. I shot a vine at it, destroying it, before Steve grabbed me in his arms, hopping down the stairwell.

Bucky, who was killing more soldiers than he was injuring, was not happy to see Steve holding me so close. In fact, when Steve put me down, Bucky grabbed onto my arm, and swung me into a soldier, knocking him out.

But, Bucky upset Steve when he pushed a man over the railing, causing Steve to lean forward and catch him. "Come on, man." He said, very exhausted.

My soldier responded by elbowing a soldier in the face and grabbing my wrist gently. He bent a railing, and used it as a ladder to jump down, waiting for me. I took a deep breath, before jumping down into his waiting arms, and then being pulled onto another stairwell.