25 | 𝐂𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝

𝙰𝙻𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙰 𝚁𝙾𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙾𝙵𝙵
2014, 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

The movies left us in shock. Vader is Luke's father? Bucky and I both had our heads spinning.

"What a plot twist." Bucky said in awe.

I nodded in agreement. "It made me hungry. I'll be back, can you hold the baby?" I asked him as I made a move to get off his lap. Somehow, after six straight hours of watching 'Star Wars', Bucky was still perfectly comfortable with me being on his lap.

He quickly tightened his grip on my waist, not letting me leave. "Wait." He said quietly.

I turned to face him completely and tilted my head to the side. He gave me a slight smirk, grabbed my face softly and pulled me in for a gentle kiss. It was sweet, showing he cared for me. I kissed him back, and then crawled off his lap.

"Thanks. Now, watch Alex please. I'll be back in a bit and we can watch 'Gilmore Girls'. " I handed him the baby and patted his cheek appreciatively. He looked quite scared to be with the baby, so I gave him a nod of reassurance.

Thinking of dinner food was tough at that moment, so I just settled for pasta with butter and spices. Juggling the bowls of food, two bottles of water and a baby bottle, I waddled into the living room to hear the sound of a baby giggling.

Upon my entrance, I saw Bucky very lighting tossing Alex into the air and catching him, making the baby laugh. I smiled at the sound, and smiled even wider when I saw Bucky smile. Genuinely smile. Not a fake, sarcastic smile, but a real one that held joy. I honestly don't think Bucky has ever smiled quite like that for me.

Bucky noticed me when I walked over, and reached over to grab some of the things out of my arms. I thanked him, and proceeded to place the rest of the stuff down on the coffee table.

I offered Bucky the bottle, and he took it, bringing it to the now tired baby's mouth. "He likes you." I noticed.

Bucky shrugged. "He's not bad. He laughs cute." He said while I put the TV on.

"He does." I said with a smile and light chuckle.

We turned our attention to the show and ate our dinner. Alexander was changed by me, and then put to nap in his bassinet, leaving me and Bucky to have the couch to ourselves. We looked at each other, almost egging the other to make the first move.

Unsurprisingly, Bucky leaned over and pulled me to his chest. I giggled. I never giggle. This dude does something different to me. Granted I've never had a boyfriend or a first kiss before today so I didn't have a frame of reference.

I looked up at him once we got settled. He on his back spread the length of the couch and me between his legs, our chests pressing together. He wrapped his arms around my waist. I was content in his warm embrace, but I felt it was over before it could really start.

Alex awoke a few hours later crying, making me get up and get him ready for bed.

"I'm gonna give him a bath and put him down for bed, while I shower can you please put the dishes in the dishwasher and fold the blankets down here?" I asked Bucky as I gathered Alex's stuff for bed.

He nodded, and I went upstairs. I struggled, but wrapped my broken arm in saran wrap to protect it from water. Alexander was fed, bathed, changed, burped and out to sleep in record time. I took a quick shower, drying my hair with a towel before brushing it out and leaving it down. I changed into pajamas, unwrapping my arm.