A Moment With You

Haylen groaned as he heard Niall crying for the fifth time. Jonathan and him were taking shifts, it was Jonathan's turn to check on him. The last time it was Jonathan's turn he was in the nursery for 2 hours. He decided to take Jonathan's shift so he could get more sleep.

"Go back to sleep baby I'll do it" Haylen told Jonathan as he saw him waking up.

"Thanks" Jonathan replied gratefully, he smiled and kiss Jonathan's forehead.

He walked into the nursery to see Niall crying down the place. His face was red with big tears slowly making their way down his cheek, he looked miserable.

"Hey Angel" Haylen talked to Niall as he changed his diaper. He took him down to the kitchen and made him a bottle, he tested it first to see if it was too hot or cold. He fed him as he walked up the stairs. He sat in the rocking chair once he reached the nursery.

"Daddy and I want some sleep, you think you can do that buddy" he laughed as Niall shook his head no.
"wow your a little genius aren't you"

"Being a parent is hard work" he paused a pleasant look on his face" but I wouldn't change it for the world" Niall's eyes were focused on his like he could understand what he was saying.

"You look more like daddy which is good because daddy's a really handsome man, your going to have girls....or guys always chasing after you"

He put the bottle down as Niall finished. He burped him then began to sing a nursery rhyme his mom thought him when he was a kid.

He walked around the nursery with Niall as he hummed the song. Niall layed his head on his shoulder and played with his hair, which seemed to be his favorite thing right now.

He knew Niall was asleep when he felt his grip lossen on his hair. He gently layed him down in the crib, he kissed him on the forehead and whispered goodnight.

He stayed for a while and looked around the nursery, he really had a baby, him at 21 already had a family, life was really going good.

Jonathan smiled as he saw Haylen wiped away tears from his eyes.

"Its amazing isn't it" he said scaring Haylen.

"It is" Jonathan wrapped his arms around his waist and layed his chin on Haylen's shoulder.

"We did good" Haylen said.

"Yes we did"Jonathan mumbled.

They stayed there and watched their beautiful baby boy sleep ,thinking about what the future had in store for them.