Another step In Life

Jonathan paced back and forth in the middle of the room. He was nervous beyond belief, he was going to ask Haylen a big question and he was scared of what he would say.

Although his heart told him Haylen would say yes he couldn't help but feel anxious.  He was wearing a suit, with a single rose in his hand waiting for him to come.

Haylen checked himself over in the mirror he wanted to look beautiful for Jonathan. He was nervous, he didn't know why Jonathan wanted to have dinner with him privately usually they ate with his parents and the knights. He looked at the time 7:55 He had to meet Jonathan in 5 minutes. He checked himself over one more time before he opened the door to their room and started to walk down the hallway.

Jonathan got more nervous as he heard the foot steps coming from the hallway, the closer they got the more he felt like bolting through the door but he stayed strong. He was about to spend the rest of his life with Haylen, he couldn't stop smiling now that he thought of it that way.

Haylen stood in front of the dining room doors, excited to open it but scared of want he would see. He slowly opened the door and gasped in wonder. The dining room was decorated with flowers a light green his favorite color and a light blue Jonathan's favorite color, in the middle of the table were 5 lit candles, there was a little orchestra in the corner of the room playing a soft slow song. What he notice more was Jonathan in front of the table with a blood red rose in his hand. His eyes were a shining with a happiness Haylen couldn't put in words.

Jonathan's eyes moved to the door as it opened, his eyes widen when he saw how beautiful Haylen looked, he was wearing something akin to a dress, royal ladies were permitted to wear them although Haylen wasn't a women he still had to wear it. Haylen always complained about it as a servant you only wore baggy jeans so this was a huge change for him but he looked so natural in it, he was practically glowing. The dress was a pattern of blues swirled and mix together it was floor length, his hair was curled and shiny, that reached down past his waist, he had it to the side, his hair grew over the last few months. He looked like an Angel.

Haylen walked over to Jonathan smiling. "Hi" he whispered he didn't want to ruin the romantic mood by being loud. "Hey there beautiful" Jonathan whispered back. Haylen blushed a shimmering red as he ducked his head shyly. "you want to get started" Jonathan asked, Haylen nodded his head as Jonathan took his hand and walked him over to his chair and sat him down, then he walked to his chair across the table. They had the small table, the one they usually ate at was big because it had to fit 13 people.

A servant came with the food, he kept his head lowered as he put their food on the table. "thank you Sebastian" said Haylen in a gentle tone, Sebastian looked up and flashed a rare smile at Haylen before he scurried away.

Jonathan secretly smiled to himself; Haylen treated the servants as equals because he use to be one, Haylen liked to say it's because he would never forgot where he came from even if he had all the money in the world.

They ate their food talking and laughing, glancing at each other when the other wasn't looking. After they finish Jonathan cleared his throat gaining Haylens attention.

He got down on one knee in front of Haylen and took his small hands into his own. "Haylen Gray since the first time I saw you I knew you would be different from anybody else. Your beautiful, funny , independent, courageous and caring your one of the nicest people I've ever met, your so gentle and sweet it makes me scared that I'll break you some how, I want to protect you with every last breathe I have, I want to treat you the way you deserve, I want to grow old with you and have many kids that looks just like you" he reached in his pocket and pulled out a red velvet box, he heard Haylen gasped as he open the box "this was my grandma's and I want you to have it, Haylen Gray will you do me the honor of being my husband"

Haylen had trouble breathing. He didn't know what to say after a long while he realized he was suppose to answer "YES YES YES OH MY GOSH YES!" Haylen jumped in his arms and wrapped his arms around him tightly. "I love you" he whispered "I love you too Angel" replied Jonathan.

As they pull back from one another Jonathan put the ring on Haylen's finger "it's beautiful"Haylen told him.

Jonathan stood up and offered his hand to Haylen who took it. "Will you dance with me?"he asked "that sounds fantastic" answered Haylen. They went to the middle of the dining room. Haylen stood on his tip toes to wrap his arms around Jonathan's neck. Johnthan put one hand on Haylen's hip and the other on his stomach.

They swayed gently to the music.

That is the ring that Jonathan used to propose.